Thread: Model 16 Lightweight Hunter with a tan stock?

Model16LWH

Model 16 Lightweight Hunter with a tan stock?

So I went to purchase a Model 16 Lightweight Hunter in 7mm-08 for a new deer rifle yesterday. Couldn't find a 7mm-08 in stock but they did have a 6.5 Creedmoor. I've been eyeing the Creedmoor round for a while now and decided to purchase the rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor. When the lady at the gun store pulled the rifle out I was surprised to see that it had a tan stock. I've looked all over the internet and can't find anything about the model 16 coming with a tan stock. Am I the only one that has never seen the Model 16 LWH with a tan stock? Savage's website even shows it with only a black stock. Or maybe its just so new they haven't posted pics of it yet? I did notice that they have the wrong stock showed in the picture on Savages website, they show the 16 LWH with an accustock but the 16 LWH doesn't come with an accustock. The grip texturing is completely different on the actual 16 LWH then what they show on their website (and yes I have compared my rifle to other 16 LWH's and I do have a 16 LWH for sure). Just wanted to ask about that and get some info on the webs about the tan stock since I couldn't find anything. Maybe the next person that google searches for the model 16 tan stock will find this post.

Here is the picture on savages website: http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/16LWH

Here is the actual Model 16 LWH: http://www.grandviewoutdoors.com/gun...hunter-review/

On this review it actually shows savages website picture right above a pic of the actual Model 16 LWH, you can see the differences a little better.
    http://www.rifleshootermag.com/shot-...weight-hunter/

Basic Member
    Can you post a pic of yours. I do not need another 6.5 Creedmoor, but with a tan stock, I'd probably have to buy one. What store was that?

Model16LWH
    Quote Originally Posted by dranrab View Post
    Can you post a pic of yours. I do not need another 6.5 Creedmoor, but with a tan stock, I'd probably have to buy one. What store was that?
    I know it's been a while and I'm sorry for not answering sooner but I just saw that you replied to my post. I know it's frowned upon to post on old topics but I figured I would answer your post. I got it at Keith's Sporting Goods in Oregon. I can send more detailed close ups if wanted.

Richard
    That's a nice looking setup

It's most likely a special run for a distributor. Distributors and bog-box stores like to special order unique combinations so they have something on the shelf that nobody else has. In this case they just replaced the black stock with a tan one to make it different. I will say however that I do like the look of the tan stock better.