So I've been collecting and building the Mrs a rifle for our wedding as a gift, and I'm nearing completion. I finally showed her the parts I've gotten for her, since the stock showed up from Richard's Microfit and the day was almost on us. Honestly, the stock looked like a beaver helped with some of the work, but after enough time with some sand paper, some blocks and dowels and it was good.

The specs are as follows:
Savage 111 flat back
Microfit purple sapphire marksmen stock
Whidden v block
Timney trigger
EGW 20 MOA base
Burris signature rings
X caliber 6mm BR barrel
Northland shooters nut and lug
Sightron 36x 1/8 moa dot glass

After I finished sanding the stock, I put a sanding sealer on the stock and took photos, put it up on our gift table for the wedding and got many amazing complements on it. The stock won't accept the width of the receiver currently, but hopefully tomorrow I will be able to visit my father and we will mill it out for the v block, then the Mrs and I will epoxy it in, tape everything off again, one more coat of sanding sealer then some automotive top clear and we'll be off to the range. She is extremely excited about this and will probably end up out shooting me, but that's the goal.

After we decide it's perfect, I plan on duracoating it a metallic finish. Here's where we are at.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk