Thread: Vortex Viper

Cmonsta

Vortex Viper

So as many are always looking for, I'm looking for a budget scope. I have to many hobbies lol. I probably shouldn't take on long range shooting, but the heart wants what the heart wants. So, I bought a used 10PC in 308 and ready to get shooting. I've done a lot of reading and seems the Vortex Viper 6.5-20X50 is one of the best deals. A couple questions. First it's a SFP scope, I know that's not loved but for the price range seems hard to find a good FFP. So my question is with SFP, what magnification is the mildot going to be the correct spacing? I assume most of my shooting will be set at max, hoping that is when the spacing is correct. My next is will 20x50 (30mm tube) be enough zoom to shoot well at 1000 yards? And my last question is Vortex is so proud of their warranty. Does anyone have experience with is? Sounds amazing on paper for sure and a good reason to buy their products, I am just curious if there is a ton of fine print, or are they really good on their word. Thank you in advance for your time!!

On a side note, I am open to other suggestions to under $600 scopes. Due to some gift cards, I would like to buy from either Amazon or Cabelas. And would like mildot.

Basic Member
    I have the 6.5-20x50 Viper on my .223 F/TR class rifle. Love it!
    The SFP requires full power (20x) to be accurate.
    I usually shoot 600 yds. at 20x, but sometimes have to dial down to 16x +/- due to heavy mirage. 1000 yds. would be very doable.
    The warranty is for real. Although I've never had to personally use it, I think you'll find that those who have were treated well. It's a no B.S. warranty.
    [COLOR=#ff0000]Hello to all you nice folks at NSA :)[/COLOR]

Cmonsta
    That's great news for sure! Thank you for the response sir.

Cmonsta
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Solo View Post
    I have the 6.5-20x50 Viper on my .223 F/TR class rifle. Love it!
    The SFP requires full power (20x) to be accurate.
    I usually shoot 600 yds. at 20x, but sometimes have to dial down to 16x +/- due to heavy mirage. 1000 yds. would be very doable.
    The warranty is for real. Although I've never had to personally use it, I think you'll find that those who have were treated well. It's a no B.S. warranty.
    Since this scope is a SFP, do you know at what magnification is the Mildots set correctly?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmonsta View Post
    Since this scope is a SFP, do you know at what magnification is the Mildots set correctly?
    20X....full power
    [COLOR=#ff0000]Hello to all you nice folks at NSA :)[/COLOR]

Cmonsta
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Solo View Post
    20X....full power
    Thank you very much sir!