Thread: Cabelas Covenant Tactical FFP 6-24x50

Cmonsta

Cabelas Covenant Tactical FFP 6-24x50

Anyone have experience with this? I assume you get what you pay for, just curious if anyone has seen down this scope.

I haven't, however I will say there are a number of good FFP, tactical-type scopes around that price point. It's enough to make me think that this one (LINK ) might be decent. It doesn't look like the same body as the Primary Arms/BSA/Athlon scopes it would be competing against, but the magnification and objective numbers are all the same.

Along with the characteristics I'm concerned with on any scope like clarity, durability, and repeatability, this particular scope's reticle interests me. The sale page says the adjustments are 1/4 MOA, but there's no indication of what the subtensions of the reticle are. My guess is that they would also be MOA (major graduations of 4 roughly corresponding to 1 mil), though if the reticle is used to hold over the target matching the turrets matters less.

Basic Member
    I will be spending some time at Cabela's on Saturday they have a big sale here in Louisville 20% off everything in the store. So I might take a serious look at this scope and I'll see if they have it in stock and report back.

Cmonsta
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosco View Post
    I will be spending some time at Cabela's on Saturday they have a big sale here in Louisville 20% off everything in the store. So I might take a serious look at this scope and I'll see if they have it in stock and report back.
    That would be great! I will be looking forward to your response sir! I'm probably going to go with the Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50. For the price it seems like one of the best deals. Wish I could compare the 2 in person but I will more then likely not get the chance.

Basic Member
    Stopped in to Cabela's on Friday and asked to see one of the scopes. Gentleman at the counter was unable to find one and come to find out they are only available online at this time.

Until I can get one in my hand I probably won't be purchasing but we will see.

Cmonsta
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosco View Post
    Stopped in to Cabela's on Friday and asked to see one of the scopes. Gentleman at the counter was unable to find one and come to find out they are only available online at this time.

Until I can get one in my hand I probably won't be purchasing but we will see.
    Dang that's weird! Thanks for responding sir!

Did not see one at the Cabella's near me either.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.