Thread: 10 PC thoughts/value

Cmonsta

10 PC thoughts/value

So I found another possible rifle that I wanted your thoughts on. It's a 10PC in 308 with a Choate stock. I haven't felt the stock but believe it is the style I want, so might have saved me an upgrade for later. He is not sure on the shot count through the barrel, so I'm gonna assume a lot. The price is $500 on this rifle. Seems like a decent deal to me but I'm new to the used Savage world so I wanted your opinions on the price and on the rifle if you have experience with it. From the posts I seen in here in a search it looks like a well accepted weapon.

Will be for learning to shoot long range. Odds are I'll upgrade the barrel anyway, and possibly look into making it a 6.5CM. So I'm not to worried about the shot count as it'll get me on the range until I can afford the barrel upgrade.

I'm not familiar with the 10PC, but, $500 for the rifle is not bad at all. The 308 has a long barrel life span so you'd probably have a lot of life left in the barrel. If it were me, I'd go for it.

Cmonsta
    Thank you for the response GaCop! And if the cop part of your screen name is because you are a cop, thank you for all that you do sir!!

Basic Member
    I got one in .223 which I'm converting to a 6.5 Grendel. Like it a lot. Bought it at Bud's for a little less than $600. I think it's been discontinued.

Cmonsta
    Awesome news!!!! Can't wait to give it a shot!

Quote Originally Posted by Cmonsta View Post
    Thank you for the response GaCop! And if the cop part of your screen name is because you are a cop, thank you for all that you do sir!!
    Retired cop now since 2008. Did 20 years in the military prior to my LE career.

Cmonsta
    Quote Originally Posted by GaCop View Post
    Retired cop now since 2008. Did 20 years in the military prior to my LE career.
    Well thank you again!!! That's amazing for sure!! I hope retirement is treating you as well as you deserve!

Cmonsta
    I decided to buy this rifle. It was the previous owners first time bedding and it's not a pretty job but seems to work. I only brought 40 rounds with me and took me more then I care to admit to get it on paper (plus a big rookie mistake I also don't care to admit loo). But the group I shot when I got her sighted in I was very pleased with. Wish I had more ammo and time. Only have a very cheap Tasco scope on her until I decide what scope to mount for long distance shooting. Action is super smooth and muzzle break on her makes shooting it so fun...as long as you aren't sitting next to me lol. Off to work for 2 weeks. Can't wait to get home and send more down range!!

Banned
    To put it in perspective, I paid $550 for a used 111 BTH. Barrel is being sold, but it had the chassis I wanted (long action) I wanted to try the thumb hole (I like it) it had the acu trigger (love it) and it had the segmented nut (could work around it but nice not to have to) and a rail that worked out well to use with a once piece mount and a scope that had not fit another gone.

Could not have been happier (and it looks really good with the Stainless barrel against the blue receiver, laminated stock.