Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's up with Brass?

Basic Member

PMC is the brass that I've found to have a ridiculous number of off-center flashholes. I've experienced it in both .308 and .223. It is used as "throw down" ammo now-no attempt made to collect the brass...

I don't buy that stuff but my shootin' buddy bought a bunch on sale for blastin' ammo. If you want a show, shoot PMC rifle ammo when it's starting to get dark-AWESOME-HUGE fireballs!!!! Can't begin to imagine what kind of powder they use.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFurious View Post
    Don't hold me to this as my memory isn't the best, but wasn't Fiocci the one that was notorious for having off-center flash holes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I bought a box of Remingtion 55 gr. to break in my model 12fv in 22-250 with the expectation of reloading the brass. Unfortunately, half the flash holes were way off center, and all the primer pockets were cut .008 to .010 too deep. Seating the primer fully caused many FTF's so I pitched them all and bought Laupua brass.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    A conspiracy doesn't have to be theory. It takes the actions of group to do something harmful, or the action of plotting/conspiring. If after everything we see in social media and the news and we do not believe it happens it might be time for us to take a second look.

It could be something as simple as manufacturers and distributors holding out for price increases. This is how capitalism works. Right?
    I wish it were something that simple. In my mind the same applies to rimfire ammo.

Basic Member
    Could also be that hunting season is coming up and Mfg's are preparing by producing ammo instead of producing brass for hand loaders. As for rimfire, retailers responded to excess demand and hoarding by raising prices until ammo stayed on the shelf for more than a few seconds. There was never any "shortage", but simply excessive demand, and the market responded as it could under free market rules.

Then there's the Corporate raiders who respond to a big up tic in demand by buying out other companies and taking the profits until demand falls again, then strip the company of all its value and sell off the shell. A great example of how the Free Enterprise model doesn't work, or shouldn't work. Remember the Junk bond market in the 80's? Or the home mortgage market of the mid 2000's?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12