after ton's of reading and comparing component cost I'm thinking my next barrel will be of the 6mm flavor. I currently have one of Jim's .308 barrels but I've been shooting beyond 800yds more frequently and want to push it 1200+, with a 18.5" .308 thats not really happening (yes I did try the 208's this last time out but also looking for a more economic option that is better in the wind) a 26-28" 6mm variant would be a no brainer...but I'm waiting for approval for a F1 suppressor so that length is out of the picture (I plan to shoot suppressed more than not) The 6brx has really caught my attention but I have found no info for one with less than a 26" tube. reason I like this cartridge most is I already stock popular powders for it and brass is rumored to last forever. I will most likely shoot 105 amax's exclusively no matter which cartridge I choose and would have it throated accordingly. I'd like to end up no more than 22" but 20" would be ideal. The second cost effective solution seems to be a fast twist .243 throated for 105's, the other is a .243ai (more so for brass and throat life) but according to quickload those options gain very little in the velocity department (with a 20-22" barrel that is) over the 6brx which would translate into less barrel life, and 10+gr of powder per shot more, not to mention yet another powder to keep on the shelf.

I will say I was sold on a 6.5 untill I seen the price difference of the bullets. .22 vs .31 cents at todays prices (105 amax vs 140 eld-m)

Thanks for reading my long post.