Thread: Millet Gold Buck scopes for varmints ?

Basic Member

Millet Gold Buck scopes for varmints ?

Was looking at a Millet Gold Buck scope for varmint shooting under 300 yards.

Would be on a loaner rifle.

Main concern is ability to sight-in easily and hold settings.

Thoughts ?

Basic Member

Re: Millet Gold Buck scopes for varmints ?

I've got a 4-16x56 on my 223. Have no problems with holding zero or clearity. Love mine.
    They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Team Savage

i have 3 buckgolds 2 are on AR 15s never had a problem
    the 3rd is for sale

Basic Member

the 3rd is for sale

Does the 3rd have problems ?

Team Savage

no new still in the box

oldjad01

One of the members at my gun club works for Millet and claims they are great. I am not too thrilled with the clarity on the ones that I have looked through. He claims that he teaches the MilDot system to various agencies and Millets have less problems than my Nightforce BR in sight setting repeatabilty. I think he is blowing smoke that the NF is not as good, but he claims the Millets are great when 'shooting the box' to test repeatability. JimDee

janizary

I have a Millet TRS-2 10X fixed power scope on my 10PC and love it. Robust, good glass for the very affordable price range.

oldjad01

Hammer: How many loaner guns do you have now? 100,200,300, or more? Do you follow Jay Leno's modus operandi he uses with his cars: Full time help to keep them lubed and cleaned? He probably also has them drive them regulary to keep them in shape. For a slight fee plus expenses I would come up to Wyoming and shoot some of your guns for you if your regular help does the reloading and cleaning. You do have a lead sled for the big super mags and doubles. JimDee

Basic Member

I have two of the buck gold 6-25x56 with 30mm tube. I think they are great scopes for the money. I have them mounted on a dpms lr308 and a home-built AR 6.5 Grendel (sometimes it gets switched to my .223 too) so there isn't a whole lot of recoil going on, but they have held zero for me and track good as well. They are a large step up in glass from the buck silver series. My brother has a 6-18 buck silver and it holds zero and repeats well, its just that the glass is not as clear and the crosshairs are pretty thick for my tastes. Mine are also the older non-side focus ones if that matters.

Basic Member

How many loaner guns do you have now?

Don't have an accurate count on loaner guns.

Must keep count separately by prairie dog rifle, rockchuck rifle, mule deer rifle... African plains game rifle, dangerous game rifle...
    silhouette target pistol, PPC pistol, IPSC pistol, cape buffalo pistol... 1911, 1905, 1903... pheasant gun, bobwhite quail gun, grouse gun... trap gun.... guns for European visitors, Asian visitors, in-laws, outlaws... cock-on-closing...

You do realize that it not fair for anyone to hold you accountable for the number of loaner guns you have. It falls under charitable expenditures. One is praised for charitable expenditures. Heck, it is even tax deductable.