Thread: Pull weight....

adjc

Pull weight....

Have an axis in .308 w/accutrigger. Is a 2lb trigger too light for a varmit/predator deer rifle? Have it adjusted at this setting and is slam fire an safety safe. Will be some walking with it as most will be from blind shooting. It is set with no creep and has a very nice consistent pull. Little too light maybe....what say you? Been around firearms around 40 yrs, very aware of safety (accidents can and do happen that I know) and surroundings.

accublade is set and working as it should, will lock the sear down without striking the primer when tripped.

Basic Member
    Personally, I like mine at or around 2.5lbs, but plenty of people prefer a lighter trigger. As long as it has been tested and is safe, go for it. On a side note, I have never been to adjust any of my accutriggers below 2.5lb'ish on my Axis or Rimfire's.
    AXIS 7mm-08 , 22-250

adjc
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosco View Post
    Personally, I like mine at or around 2.5lbs, but plenty of people prefer a lighter trigger. As long as it has been tested and is safe, go for it. On a side note, I have never been to adjust any of my accutriggers below 2.5lb'ish on my Axis or Rimfire's.
    thats where mine was accually set from the factory setting. Swapped out the trigger spring with a almost identical (in physical looks) lighter spring matching the axis spring, acquired it from eBay but seems now it has disappeared from their listings. Once it was installed no further adjustment was needed, the factory adjustment tool from savage works with the spring just like the factory spring does(spring threads up an down for pull adj). Gave me an excellent trigger, was just wondering if this was a little to light. Normally my field triggers run 2.5-3.0lbs so this was a surprise to me the way it turned out.

Basic Member
    I have seen those too but never purchased one. A few other guys have used them and have had positive results.

Yep my .270 breaks just shy of 2lbs on my RCBS trigger scale and I love hunting with it.
    [QUOTE=fgw_in_fla;256183]We told you so...[/QUOTE]

Basic Member
    When turning those springs down and using the factory stock, be sure to test the safety rather aggressively.

1. Put on Safe
    2. pull HARD on trigger.
    3. Harder
    4. move safety forward. (make sure it doesn't fire when moving safety forward after 2 and 3 above)