Thread: Show me your painted Accustock

Show me your painted Accustock

EDIT - Turns out the 12 FCV isn't shipping with An AccuStock these days. Finally took delivery of the piece and broke it down for inspection only to find the stock is simply tupperware. Well, on the hunt now for an affordable replacement stock!

Greetings everyone! My 12 FCV has been ordered and is on it's way. I'm typically a walnut and blued metal kind of guy but the Accustock is the best I can do while the wallet recovers. The hum-drum black needs to be spiced up a bit though. I'd love to see pics of painted Accustocks...looking for inspiration. I've seen plenty of Manners/McMillians/BC pics but I'm looking to see what the lines of the Accustock will look like other than black.

Thanks!
    Last edited by M1ke; 03-07-2016 at 11:16 AM.

I posted a pic of mine in the "show your custom rifles" thread, about an hour ago.

Not an accustock, but I painted my 12fv while I'm waiting to recoup funds for a better stock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TheShootist; 05-04-2016 at 03:22 PM.

Cool, looks great! Turns out my 12FCV wasn't an Accustock gun (I guess that changed in recent years) so I went with a Choate Tactical as a budget upgrade. Will probably paint that instead.

scuzzy
    I added grip to the areas that need it and painted it up. turned out really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by scuzzy View Post
    I added grip to the areas that need it and painted it up. turned out really nice.
    Very cool, looks great!

Here is my model 12 in .450 bushmaster. I sanded all the parting lines and imperfections out of it first. I primed it and gave a final coat of a granite type finish. I also filled the hollow buttstock with modeling clay. It now balances on the front stock screw.

Texan Til I Die
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwoods View Post

Here is my model 12 in .450 bushmaster. I sanded all the parting lines and imperfections out of it first. I primed it and gave a final coat of a granite type finish. I also filled the hollow buttstock with modeling clay. It now balances on the front stock screw.
    I thought about using one of those "stone" type finishes on my 12FV build (building a 260 Rem). How does it feel to the grip and the cheek? I thought it might be too abrasive feeling even to the point where it became uncomfortable for prolonged shooting session.

Its going to be a deer rifle and nothing I will shoot a bunch just to plink with. I have small caliber rifles I can do that with. As for how rough the finish is......not as bad as it feels on the cap of the spray can. One thing I did was before it was dry, I handled it a good amount and it smoothed the finish a bit. I didnt want to have a stock I could sand a board with either. lol Id do more with that type of finish in a heartbeat. You could always runs some tests for yourself on some scrap wood and do some various alterations to get what you want. You'd be out $6-$7 is all if you didnt like it.