Thread: Good source for 4.27 spacing stock for heavy barrel

Good source for 4.27 spacing stock for heavy barrel

Ive got a slightly older small shank MLII with a heavy Pacnor 45 barrel. Muzzle is .900".

Cant seem to find many stocks for this combination unless i want to get into one of the high dollar stocks such as a Manners. Choate offers about 3-4 that should work just for the bench or range fun and that fine. Is there anything else available including factory take offs? Im not too thrilled with Boyds due to the current issues ive seen and i really want something that already has pillars. Weight is not a big issue since i mainly shoot this one for fun.

Wood or laminate factory take offs would be fine too if any came with pillars.

It dont have to be purty. She is already kinda ugly. :D

Any of the 4.27" factory sporter stocks can be opened up. I had replaced my 10ML-II's synthetic with a factory brown laminate sporter off a Model 11, and later replaced that with a factory Turkish walnut sporter stock off a Model 11W.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

With a heavy barrel though a sporter stock may end up pretty thin in the forearm. IIRC the barrel alone was over 5lbs. The forearm flex is significant when the front rest is near the end of the forearm.

All of the old (and new) factory synthetic stocks flex in the forearm, there's no getting away from that. When I said any factory sporter stock would work, I was talking wood not synthetic - no sense in wasting ones time on a factory synthetic when they're garbage to start with.

That said, I somehow missed the part where you said Heavy Pac-Nor barrel in the first post so a factory sporter stock won't work (I was referring to the factory .50cal barrel contour). As such, you'll definitely want/need a factory heavy barrel stock for that Pac-Nor pig you're toting.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

This one is just a fun rifle so i dont ever have to tote it too far. :D . I guess im probably gunna end up with one of those 4lb+ Choate stocks.

I have an older Boyd's. Sav_-10 ctf-ft-fin-pl if you're interested.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk