Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 260rem to 6mm creed

LongRange

GA precision and OTM both have it in stock by the piece and several places have 50ct bags...pretty easy to find right now. I'm really liking the 6cm...my new favorite cal.

Quote Originally Posted by LongRange View Post
    I'm really liking the 6cm...my new favorite cal.
    Wow! . Never thought I'd ever see this! Lol

I thought you might like the 6mm when you started messing with it. Seems to be shooting really well. Good shooting LR!
    Scooter
    I'm the Boss. I make sure what she wants gets done.

LongRange
    Thanks scooter...like I say it's got a little more in it and I'm pretty sure I've found it...I've got the test rounds loaded...if it wasn't blowing so hard Ida finished this earlier.

LongRange
    well the wind was actually a little worse yesterday but the adjustments to the load worked out better than id hoped...bad news...Fn trigger issues...trigger locked up seven times yesterday in 40 rounds...the first time during chrony testing...douched it with lighter fluid and after about 7 rounds it locked up again...i got home and tore it down and cleaned it 1 piece at a time and after about 12 dry fires it locked...tore the bolt down cleaned,lubed and reassembled same thing...6-8 dry fires and locked up...going to talk to my smith and see what he thinks first and will be ordering a calvin elite.

anyway this was a group from the 20 test rounds i loaded and shot early 550yds...the one high left i either pulled.wind blew it off or the trim length was .011 shorter than the other 4....41.4g H4350,CCI200,.003 neck tension.105g beger hybrid .030 off the lands seams to be the load...

top left dot 6 rounds on the right of the dot...trigger started acting up on round 5 and i think i pulled the one just high outta the group...the 2 to the left with 7 and 8 and were fired while slowly moving the bolt because the trigger wouldnt fire....8 rounds chrony'd 3051 to 3056...

having computer issues pics wont load so ill post them later...kinda like Charlie Brown LOL!!
    Last edited by LongRange; 07-12-2016 at 08:46 AM.

LongRange
    i have been slammed the last few months with work,comps and just everyday life but heres a little up date on the switch from the 260 to the 6mm CM.

in my typical Charlie Brown fashion ive had a few issues with the switch....first was an extractor failure at a short range tactical match...simple fix but none the less frustrating.

next was the jewel trigger failure....it started with the trigger locking up every now and then and at the end would lock up with in 8 pulls didnt matter if they were dry fires or actual fired rounds...twice the trigger was completely disassembled,cleaned each piece and reassembled and the same thing...simple but expensive fix...swapped it out for a timney Calvin elite which has ran flawlessly for over 500 rounds now.

next and just a couple of weeks ago the barrel came loose during practice...it was still shooting fantastic but two things i noticed was everything started going to the right and it was kicking up a bit more dust than normal...i noticed the break looked cockeyed as i was walking back from my targets and when i picked the rifle up and turned the barrel there was no resistance at all it was loose...i think maybe the surgeon action was rejecting the barrel nut LOL!!
    after re-head spacing i had to rework my load because the first load was not shooting so well any more...both simple fixes but frustrating.

and last i start getting some random fliers and so odd/high ESs...i hadnt done any case prep so i started measuring necks and found that the necks from the mouth to the neck/shoulder junction were up to .003 different and some were starting to form doughnuts...i kinda expected this so i did about a 40-50% turn just to clean the necks up and that solved this issue.

so ive got 625 rounds through the barrel as of this morning and i am very happy with the switch and how this cartridge preforms and impressed enough that i doubt ill go back to a 6.5mm.
    the last thing will be barrel life...im going to shoot this barrel until it gets unpredictable and will post up a final round count then.

Basic Member
    Jewell triggers (can be) a very nice trigger. But they can also be a major source of agrivation.
    Ive had similar issues on several occaisions. Its to the point that before hunting season I flush
    the trigger with lighter fluid. I personaly wouldn't recommend a Jewell trigger on a hunting gun regardless of its configuration.
    Its best if the gun is stored in a horizontal position to eliminate contaminates such as oil from leaching
    down into the trigger while being stored. Clean and dry seems to be the only way they are reliable.
    Ive never had an issue with any trigger except the Jewell.

LongRange
    Well I've never owned a jewel until this one and it will be the last...no matter how clean it was at the end 8 pulls and it locked...my smith wanted it knowing it had issues so I traded for labor.

I like the timney much better...the shoe feels better and it's a much crisper cleaner breaking trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123