I am new to the forum but just wanted to post my first and probably last experience with Boyds. I on Mar 25th I ordered a Heritage stock for my savage axis .308. My order was for a left handed stock for a right handed action. I got the stock in about three weeks but it was wrong. It was right handed for right handed axis. I called Boyds and setup an RMA. The customer service rep put the new order in on Apr 29. No big issue it happens. Well I have now been told by customer service I will need to wait three weeks. I have been told this three times, this week is 9 weeks. I have sent emails to the status and customer a few times and never once have I had a reply. I call them, when I can get through. My last email I asked the to simply cancel the order and refund my money but still no reply. I guess I will have to continue calling and waiting to try to get a customer service rep.

Now I know Boyds just upgraded their factory, but I was told this by the customer rep the first time I called in. Six weeks have gone by since I talked to her still not a word from Boyds.