Do earlier Target Actions possibly have stiffer bolt lift than later ones? I own 2 TA's I bought last year (J serial numbers) and they have what I feel is very reasonable lift effort. I recently bought a used one (SN starts with a G) and I noticed the bolt lift was quite a bit stiffer than my actions. I talked to the seller about it who said he had put a stiffer firing spring in to deal with primer cratering, accounting for the heavier lift. I replaced the heavy spring with a stock spring but it made no difference, still had the same stiff bolt lift. I also noticed it was rough/ratchety compared to my other actions. I looked at the lugs on the bolt and inside the action and there was significant galling. Despite the old bolt being galled it operates smoothly with light lift when cycled in my newer actions. Conversely when I cycle one of the newer bolts in the old action it shows the same heavy and ratchety lift.

I would post pictures of the galled lugs on the action and bolt but don't see an option for adding and attachment.

I am hoping that SSS can repair this thing. I appreciate your thoughts.

Phil