Thread: Deja vu...?

Deja vu...?

I could have sworn I had registered at SavageShooters years ago,albeit I'm not a big poster; but I guess not.

I am a minor Savage shooter, only one Savage, a 112 BVSS acquired back in '95-'96. A 30-06 ['cos everybody oughta have an '06]. I was enthralled with heavy barrels, blaming it on my kid, with his Sendero disease. I contracted it, and currently have only one rifle with standard bbl, sigh........

For a few years, it was nothing spectacular, killed an elk with it, but not much else. After a few years, started working on loads, and found it really likes little bullets, specifically Sierra 110 HP's and 125 'spire' points, altho' they're kinda stout looking, hehe. It does OK with 190 Hornady spires, have 2 elk with them, but it shines with the 125 Sierras. A 180 plains muley succumbed to one back in '04. I frequently get one hole groups, or well under MOA with the Sierras. The 190's do MOA consistently, at both 100 and 200 yds.

I worked on the trigger first off, lightening it a little. Not a 'hair' trigger, but light enough to work OK. After a few years, cleaned up the stock, got another son to add an ebony extension to the grip (about only negative is the short grip). I later shortened the grip extension and added a sorta vertical grip cutout along the grip; so it fits sorta like a target stock grip. Once re-assembled, gun still shoots well and I'm a happy camper. Recap of this long-winded diatribe is that the Savage rifles are good shooters.

The looonnnggg action was a challenge to get a decent scope mounted. It now wears a Burris Sig 5-16.

I'm getting a little long in the tooth and am considering moving it ,along with a couple other guns, both factory and custom. But, the urge usually passes when I can't figure out what to move.
    Ain't gun disease great.....?

Well, hello all and I'll be seein' ya along the way, -Howard

Team Savage
    Welcome aboard

Welcome
    Rick_W
    CPO-USN(Ret)
    You don't know what you don't know.

Team Savage
    howdy

Welcome!
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways