Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The cost of winning

The cost of winning

I'm baffled, Local range shoots friendly 22 scoped bench rest competition. Distances are 65m,77m,100 m,150m,200m. Cost you $10 bucks to enter. Best you can score is 50 points. Buddy of mine joined the group few months ago and he finally got 1st place scoring a 46. When you win 1st place you get your 10 bucks back. After my buddy was given back his 10bucks and was putting the money back in h is wallet, I couldn't help but to ask........So,lemme get this straight. You've spent a total $2800 total on the 22 cal rifle,glass,fixture, ammo so you can get 1st place and get your 10 bucks back?.........lololol. Its a terrible addiction I'd say! Lololololololololo. Hell, I'd probably do the same thing given a chance.
    Life is tuff.....its even tuffer when your stupid
    {John Wayne}

I know one of those.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

LongRange
    ive spent 3 times that in hopes of winning a 50c ribbon LOL...and the bad part is am still spending chasing it.

If I dare to add up what I've spent just in the last 3 years It probably comes to an all expense paid trip to Fla. for the wife and me, and then some. I won't tell her that though.
    And if you win where I shoot you get either a plaque or a certificate.
    FROGGY
    See profile for fire arms
    Do it today there maybe no tomorrow

Where I shoot you get a little strip of metal 1/2 X 1 1/2 inch. But aint it fun ?

Quote Originally Posted by rjtfroggy View Post
    If I dare to add up what I've spent just in the last 3 years It probably comes to an all expense paid trip to Fla. for the wife and me, and then some. I won't tell her that though.
    And if you win where I shoot you get either a plaque or a certificate.

If you make that trip to FL it will just cost you more to shoot!
    [QUOTE=fgw_in_fla;256183]We told you so...[/QUOTE]

ROLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I see my buddies not alone. lololol oh boy, the things we do a?

I guess its better than going bar hopping and chasing wild women a?.........or is it?

lolololololololo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

everytime Im working on one of my new rigs in my garages work bench , my wife happens to walk by and ask.... "hey! where,d that one come from"..........with out hesitation I answer in a bold and confident voice........... Honey!...this is the same one Ive had for years, what the hecks wrong with you?!......olololololololololo
    I know for a fact you guys do the same thing! lolololololoolol
    Last edited by eddiesindian; 06-20-2016 at 09:13 PM.
    {John Wayne}

It's strictly the love for the sport. Same with hunting or fishing. Have you ever figured out how much a pound of fish cost you put in your freezer from a fishing trip? The last time I hunted in a club, I took home 2 bucks. Hunting season is 6 weeks long. Figure out that cost of the Venison.

You gotta love it, Dennis
    [B][SIZE=3]Dennis[/SIZE][/B]

Dennis is right....
    I don't shoot competition...maybe someday...but it costs a lot to pop steel plates and blow up milk jugs lol. I was entering a couple of my recent builds in my computer the other day. I enter all the info,
    add-ons, prices and such, then print them off and put it my binder in my gun room. Well...I made the mistake of adding one of my last builds up.... 😲😲 <-----that's about what my face looked like lol. I'd honestly not totaled one up before. I would just have a rough idea in my head. It wasn't near what some people put in them but it's wasn't dirt cheap either lol. But....I love it so...Ill probably keep doing it. You guys just have to be here for support 😂😂.
    Scooter

LongRange
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    It's strictly the love for the sport. Same with hunting or fishing. Have you ever figured out how much a pound of fish cost you put in your freezer from a fishing trip? The last time I hunted in a club, I took home 2 bucks. Hunting season is 6 weeks long. Figure out that cost of the Venison.

You gotta love it, Dennis
    a buddy of mine is going elk hunting in the next couple of weeks and we were talking about this yesterday....we figured $40-$60 bucks a LB maybe a little more depending on several other factors like...travel,food and drinks,time off work,ect.

Basic Member
    I remember years ago I competed in a long range match, and upon my return home the wife asked "How did you do?" I said "Good! I not only won both classes, I also set a new state record!" She responded with "Congratulations.......how much did that cost?"
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."

Quote Originally Posted by sharpshooter View Post
    I remember years ago I competed in a long range match, and upon my return home the wife asked "How did you do?" I said "Good! I not only won both classes, I also set a new state record!" She responded with "Congratulations.......how much did that cost?"
    LOL, I can imagine her saying that.

I enter all the info, add-ons, prices and such, then print them off and put it my binder in my gun room. Well...I made the mistake of adding one of my last builds
    That's why one should look hard at a complete build listed on the Forum, sure it cost for one completely built custom rifle, but most of the time you will spend more building one yourself.

LongRange
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    That's why one should look hard at a complete build listed on the Forum, sure it cost for one completely built custom rifle, but most of the time you will spend more building one yourself.
    exactly right!!

Truth be known, every time I get the itch to either build a new one or change calibers from barrel replacement, I try to speak to the voices inside my head and reason with the sob,s. Once I find out that ain't working, I'll start shooting one of my old tried and true rigs and fall in love all over again. Everything, s good till I see somebody post pics of there new rig along with 1 ragged hole 10 shot pattern then it happens. Them dam voices come right back!

LongRange
    im switching calibers here in the next week or so....just waiting for the rest of the parts to come in...ill post some group pics for you soon Eddie LOL!!

heres a little teaser in the mean time....sexy LOL....

Quote Originally Posted by LongRange View Post
    im switching calibers here in the next week or so....just waiting for the rest of the parts to come in...ill post some group pics for you soon Eddie LOL!!
    Seriously? Are you going to 6mm? Can't wait to see what you come up with...lol
    Your barrel is probably half worn already
    Scooter
    I'm the Boss. I make sure what she wants gets done.

LongRange
    6mm creedmoor..as ive said the surgeon/260 build has been cursed since day one LOL so maybe changing calibers will lift the curse...or make it worse!!

Basic Member
    exactly right!!

No one said getting an education would be cheap. Now if I can just figure out how to earn a living on what I've learned.....

heres a little teaser in the mean time....sexy LOL....

I really wanted to go 6mm before I ordered my new 260 barrel, but didn't want to have to re-tool and take the time for locating components but Im sure soon Ill bite the bullet and eventually give in to 6mm. holy Christ Dave.....you really got it bad. You got the frying pan ready with all the fixings, just waiting for the chicken to lay the egg. olololololool............................you went Bart barrel didn't you
    {John Wayne}

LongRange
    No...I went 2 bartlein barrels lol...they came yesterday as well as the reamer and barrel nut...only things I'm waiting for is the 6mm Jp tank and the cleaning rod...going to the smith on Tuesday.

How many groves on the barrels?

LongRange
    5...5r

Basic Member
    LR Curious why you went with the micro seating die rather than a Wilson body die for use with your arbor press?

Where are you purchasing the barts from?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast