Thread: Who makes an external mag stock for a 12FLV .223 short action

Basic Member

Who makes an external mag stock for a 12FLV .223 short action

Title pretty much says it all....

Shot in a new to me style of tournament yesterday (came in third place!) and I see some changes to equipment in the future.

I have a Savage 12 FLV in a Choate stock but I need to have an external magazine capability as the stages are based on 10 rounds per stage.

Any ideas?

Thx

Basic Member
    External?...You mean belt feed?
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."

Basic Member
    You are hilarious.

Actually, the last "belt fed" weapon I had experience with was the M134 minigun mounted on my AH-6 Little Bird helicopter.

For those that might actually know-I've installed PTG bottom metal for a Rem 700 and Win 70 but I can't find anything For a Savage that says it works for a top-mounted bolt release.

Edit: looks like a sponsor here, CDI will be able to answer my questions so I'll call them tomorrow.
    Last edited by copterdrvr; 06-19-2016 at 09:33 PM.

Basic Member
    Is this something like what you're looking for? http://www.eabco.net/Savage-Laminate...n_p_13974.html

Basic Member
    Thanks T10 for the info. Actually I'm looking to modify the Choate Tactical stock I already have installed with new bottom metal and it looks like CDI will be able to help.

Thanks again!

Basic Member
    Sent an email to CDI Precision Gun Works and got a real nice email from Jeff, the owner and he has EXACTLY what I need for this project to include free inletting.

I was surprised that he took the time to respond to my email with a lengthy, in-depth discussion answering all of my questions. Seems like a real standup guy.

First off, MD500 is my favorite bird, I got sidetracked on the fixed wing side before I had the chance to transition to the dark side...

I put my 12FLV in a Mcree chassis and love it! Uses AI mags that are (now) very reliable! I am putting my -06 in an XLR carbon at some point when I stop doing dumb s*** like building 50 cal AR's haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    Flew 16 different model helo's in my carrier from small to big but the 6 was the closest thing to feeling like you're flying like Superman-no wings or blades-just a cape. It would go where you "thought" it.

Buddy and I built a "Remage" Rem 700 action and a Criterion 6.5 Creedmoor that he stuck in a MCree. He likes it a lot.

When I got the Choate it was the only decent aftermarket "lefty" stock available for the 12 FLV.

That is exactly why I have a Choate on my 06... Luckily so many options have become available recently! I am just finding the inletting not to be economically viable, instead just spend a smidge more for chassis...

I have an in at CAE to get into the S76 sim, so when I am there for Hawker 800 recurrent next month I am going to spend some time in the 76!!! My hope is some day flying MD!

Basic Member
    Gonna stick with the Choate right now-Jeff will inlet, sell me and install the bottom metal for 210 bucks and another 40 for a 10 round mag. I can't come near to touching a chassis for 250 bucks including mag.

I was an EMS instructor pilot/check airman in 4 different aircraft series and instructor in two others with the company I just retired from. We lease sims from Flight Safety and I ran the Bell 407 and EC135 single pilot IFR sims there. Some wiseguy programmer from Flt. Safety actually built a model of the starship Enterprise and if you knew where to find it (of the coast of Japan) you could actually land a helo in the shuttle bay! Amazing thing was how freakin' realistic it looked.

I knew there had to be easter eggs!! PHI?

Not for 250, I was looking at much more at the time, and at this point need a folder so it fits in my car haha!

Basic Member