folks. I am just getting into long range shooting and have been posting a lot of questions. I want to thank every one for answering my questions. Great patient people here. I am thinking about trying 1 more time and buying a cheaper 308 cal bolt gun. 1 1/2 ago bought the cheap savage axis but could not get it to shoot under 3 inch groups at 100 yards with a nice scope even with Boyd thumb hole stock. Have had excellent success with their 223 ( 3/4 groups out of box ). heavy recoil for me with 2 torn rotator cuff surgeries under my belt and poor groups caused me to sale the 308 to a friend who beded rifle and put new trigger in it and it shoots 1 moa with factory ammo for him but he put a lot of work into it. I just dont have time and skill to modify a gun. I do not reload and at my age will not be. Looking for a cheap factory 308 ammo for cheaper gun. Want to shoot 1000 yard target shooting. Not competitor shooting just on neighbors farm.
Question.... Is there a cheap factory 308 ammo that will shoot 1 moa with a Ruger predator , savage axis or FV ( if I could find one in stock at cabelas ) or a Ruger predator ? I am not talking about the 4 big ammo companies like Remington , Winchester , federal , Hornaday. I am look at a brand of ammo that is $10.00 to $15.00 for a box of l20 rounds (60 cents a round ) I would buy in bulk and maybe save a little money. Could some of you share some of your success stories if there is such a thing as a lower priced factory 308 ammo that will shoot 1 moa if I was lucky enough to get a good barrel on one of these guns. Brand and gr of bullet would be great info. Factory ammo only. Thanks. Martyd