I was looking at bolt actions a few years ago and never made the purchase and here I am again searching.

I have read some reviews on a couple of different Model 10 variants and need some help deciding on a few, all .308:

Model 10T (9.5 lbs 24" barrel) - Cabela's exclusive
Model 10 P (20" barrel, could not find weight but assume it will be close to others) - found online for a little cheaper than the 10T, not a whole lot of info on this one
Model 10 FCP-SR (8.75 to 9 lbs, 20 and 24" barrel respectively)- about the same price as the 10 P, has gone through a change within the past year and half or so.

This is going to be a range gun only. I wanted to take advantage of the rebate with the Model 12 from Savage but my local Cabela's doesn't have any and can't order one. I did get to hold the 10T while I was there and liked how it felt, I feel like the weight would not be an issue since I am only going to use this at the range. I figure the other models being different variations of the Model 10 would be comparable to the 10T.

Local ranges go out to 200 yards (paper/steel) but there will be opportunity to hit out to 800 yards (steel) later on down the road once I have practiced, practiced and practiced some more, as I know I won't be shooting that far to start.

So with that out there, which one would be the better option or is there any real difference aside from magazine and barrel profile/length?

Thanks in advance,

MD

Edit

I thought I had put this in the help me decide, if a mod can move it there I would appreciate it and sorry for the mistake.