Thread: Awesome Picture I Can't Fully Enjoy Because Of Media Driven Public Out Cry!

Banned

Awesome Picture I Can't Fully Enjoy Because Of Media Driven Public Out Cry!

So I've had this planned for about 2 weeks. But things kept coming up either with my disabilities, or my son not being around.(he's only 16, but works, and is a TOTAL teenager.) I origionally wanted the picture to show my son(Aiden), & I showing off our custom built rifles and enjoying a past time that we share as father & son. This is his first AR15. He purchased every part, and completely built it himself. I designed it & chose the parts because, well, that's what I do. But I was only there for guidence. He did it with his two hands.(I razzed him, saying I do it faster with only ONE HAND, LOL) I could not be more proud. BUT!! Because of the media and public frenzy, over a horrible tragedy, my wife doesn't want to post the picture on her Face Page. Now I don't do that stuff. But she only has family & friends able to view her page. THIS is the only form of social media I participate in. And only because I started on car forums when all this INTERWEB public forum stuff first came into being around '99 '00. What happened was an absolute tragedy. And I am heart broken for the families. But this picture was meant to show my friends & family a fun recreation shared by my son & I. So, I hope some of you enjoy it.

Basic Member
    THat's great. Best part is the father and son part. Congrats!

Basic Member
    Thanks for posting. Great pic and congratulations on the build. When we start shying away from our traditions and heritage, then the other side(terrorists) and the libs have won. Unfortunately, the terrorists are starting to accomplish their mission, due to the outcry going on now about weapon bans, etc. Fear will make people do a lot of things. Even giving up liberties.

Sorry to hear about your dissability. Do you mind me asking what happened?
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    Sorry to hear about your dissability. Do you mind me asking what happened?
    Not at all. On June 4th, 2014 I was on my bike, on a local road. I have no idea what happened(and no one else does either). In any case, I was somehow separated from my bike, which wasn't damaged, and laying on the road I was run over by both axles of an 2000's Infinity QX4. I was run clean over by the left front and right rear tires. My helmet still has a clean tire tread right across the top. Most immediate injuries were swelling& bleeding brain, spiral fractured humorous, broken sturnum, broken clavicle, broken scapula 2 broken ribs and a sever brachial plexus injury, which resulted in my left arm/hand being paralyzed. I was in a coma for a week, and remained in the hospital for 2 months. I was up and talking, but don't remember anything until June 20th. I had some brain damage(still do according to some people, LOL), and had to learn to walk again. My reaction time has been severely limited so I dont drive anymore. I have severe nerve pain every day, Wry neck, which is an acute form of Torticollis, and I have trouble with memory and getting words out sometimes. And besides my left arm being padalyzed, I'm also 100% blind in my left eye.

But I'm alive, and God brought me back to my walk with Christ, after being angry at the Holy Father for 7 years. For what you might ask? I lost my 2 year old daughter in 2008. So yes, I was angry. But coming out of this accident, the anger was gone. Only, an overwhelming thankfulness to The All Mighty Father, for keeping me with my family. But as time passed it was more. It was his amazing love for me. Every question that arose, God answered. I was out of work, God provided. I was depressed at what I had lost....now I'm back to building Guns, and making customs knives. God provided.

Its Not the Violence that sets Men apart...
    Its the Distance They are Willing to travel!

Good father & son time. Good memories. Do you guys hunt?

Great picture and memories. It's a shame the disciplined shooters have to suffer due to the actions of a few crazy people.

I hope you and your son get to shoot often.

Dennis
    [B][SIZE=3]Dennis[/SIZE][/B]

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx2rk View Post
    Good father & son time. Good memories. Do you guys hunt?
    An even more important question would be, (do you vote)?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by yobuck View Post
    An even more important question would be, (do you vote)?
    I do not, and don't feel bad saying it, ESPECIALLY NOW! I don't believe in the party system, and have never felt any delegate running during my adult life is or has been genuine. I dont fault anyone for their opinions. I simply ask for the same respect.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    I do not, and don't feel bad saying it, ESPECIALLY NOW! I don't believe in the party system, and have never felt any delegate running during my adult life is or has been genuine. I dont fault anyone for their opinions. I simply ask for the same respect.
    Its not a matter of respect, its a matter of facts. And the fact is some of those polititions have a respect for our constitution and some don't.
    It wont be the polititions who decide on the fate of that document, but those who are appointed by them.
    If we have to pick a horse, lets at least try not to pick one that we know up front will make us losers.

Basic Member
    ^^^^^^^
    We better be paying attention if you want to keep building guns. My 65 years on this earth has seen unbelievable erosion of our rights and our freedom to make some of our own decisions and not depend on Big Brother to make them.

Last edited by XL105; 06-19-2016 at 11:12 AM.
    Its Not the Violence that sets Men apart...
    Its the Distance They are Willing to travel!

Basic Member
    NO, XL, your initial post was correct.

These are tough times, in many ways. They won't get any easier any time soon, either. Let's not badger anyone here, but encourage all to do and say and live as they believe is right. I pray that was/is everyone's intent here.

Happy Fathers Day, Dave, and God bless you and your family.

These are tough times, in many ways. They won't get any easier any time soon, either. Let's not badger anyone here, but encourage all to do and say and live as they believe is right. I pray that was/is everyone's intent here.
    Profound. What do you think David?
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    Profound. What do you think David?

I think he is right. We shouldn't be coming down on each other here. I've been guilty of it myself. I trip up, at times. Then catch myself, and correct my sinful behavior. I'm not perfect-far from it. We are all of a similar interest. Being a firearms forum, I'm pretty sure we all "AGREE" for the most part. As far as my life goes, I finally "get it" and use prayer for everything in my life.

ANYTHING shared between parents and children is special and won't be forgotten. Way to go dad. 👍👍

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk