Thread: First 260's Emerge

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

First 260's Emerge

Spent quite a bit of time on the cases, but it's been a good time. Gives I'm disabled but it's something to do. Started with once fired, Lake City 7.62 w/NATO headstamp. First thing is using the RCBS universal de-capping die. I also used an RCBS primer pocket swaging die to take care of the military crimps, and it worked fantastic. Next was annealing the case necks. Then I full length sized in a Redding 7mm08 die, and full length sized in a Redding 260 Rem. die. I did both these steps WITHOUT the de-capping rod/sizing button installed. Finally I neck sized with a carbide sizing button. (Carbide is the ONLY way to go).

I sorted all the brass. Started with the 2011 dated headstamp first.

Came out pretty good.

Here is my little happy place. And, yup! Besides building the rifle, a 1911 and making knives....I'm doing all of this with my one arm as well.

These are basically done for "fire forming". I just don't have a place for actual fire forming, so I just load it up with some 140gn pills to go shoot 'em. I'm just burning through what I have left of H380. Went with 39, & 39.5gns max. I'm more concerned with overall length. The Magpul mag was listed at 2.820" MAX COAL, but I found, not only, 2.826" working fine, but also went up to 2.843". I am close, but still have some room in the magazine.
    Last edited by Dave Hoback; 06-27-2016 at 03:09 PM.