Hello All, I've been steadily learning the long range game and wanting to take it to the next level. right now i'm running a .308 with a barrel built by Jim (apache) and I love it. I also have a precision AR in 5.56 and it does a fine job out to the 600yd line so that leaves me with the .308 working well out to 800 then the wind starts to take over. currently 952yds is the furthest i've gone with it(not very consistant yet, have alot to learn about the wind game). This last weekend we found a spot thats good out to a little over a Mile (we are going to build some elevated shooting platforms to get over some brush) so I'm seriously considering re-chambering it into a 300 win mag. I already own, brass, dies, and even have some 208 a-max's, H1000, Re22, and cci250 sitting on the shelf. what i'm looking for is if anyone has loaded a 300win down to .308 levels with 155-178gr bullets and still maintained good accuracy. this barrel has already shown good promise 3/4moa without load workup with a 168gr tap clone (44.4 varget, wlr, 2.810", hornady match brass) If you have what powder/bullets worked for you?

I know the simple answer is get another barrel and long term that is the plan I want to replaced the .308 with a 6.5 creed or .260 but for at least the next year the gun funds are tapped (stockpiled reloading componets and uncle sam took some for some expensive stamps!) If I can find a mild mannered load for those days we play around 400-800 (our new hobby has been shooting my dueling tree at 400 and 600yds with the rifles talk about some serious fun!) then I think i'll go for it.