Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: Savage Stealth in 6.5 - First impressions.

Basic Member

I just communicate with Igor Borisov (designer of iStrelok calculator) and asked him to ad option to put wind speed and direction from weather internet provider. Right now calculator has only option for temperature, humidity and pressure. I know the best is to use external sensor, but not everybody has it.

Basic Member
    I do a lot of shooting with no spotter where I have to call my own hits and misses. I thought a linear compensator might make that a little easier as the blast should push the rifle straight back, instead of up. Went to the range today to test the Black River Tactical Linear comp. It definitely worked the way it was supposed to. Recoil was straight back, very little muzzle rise, very easy to call hits. The downside is that the felt recoil is quite a bit stronger. My shoulder definitely knows I did some shooting today.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by icker96 View Post
    I do a lot of shooting with no spotter where I have to call my own hits and misses. I thought a linear compensator might make that a little easier as the blast should push the rifle straight back, instead of up. Went to the range today to test the Black River Tactical Linear comp. It definitely worked the way it was supposed to. Recoil was straight back, very little muzzle rise, very easy to call hits. The downside is that the felt recoil is quite a bit stronger. My shoulder definitely knows I did some shooting today.
    BRT comps work well on AR's as well. I have a can for my Stealth which is absolutely fun to shoot and quiet as heck.

Are you shooting at Manatee? We were there Saturday.

Basic Member
    I make it to Manatee about 4 times a year. It is about a 2 hour drive for me. I love the fact that you can shoot steel at 600 and 1000, but it is very difficult (nearly impossible) to shoot prone while there, which is what I prefer. The next time you are headed that way, send me a pm.

I love the BRT on my AR-15s on is a 20"bbl .223 Wylde and the other is 18" chambered as a wildcat .277 Wolverine. However I think I am going to take the BRT off the Stealth and go back to the muzzle brake

Basic Member
    100 yards, Hornady ELD M 147 grains, wind zero, slop angle 4 degrees. Two shots.

Just got back from Talladega. No pictures to post. What was interesting was My wife and I were testing some loads using a Magnetospeed. My std load is 40 gr H4350 using an Berger OTM 130 in Hornady brass. I had estimated a 2500 fps based on load data, actual was 2620 fps avg. Used Lapua brass and got another 60 fps avg same load using my 6.5 Stealth. Tested from 39 - 42 gr with 42's over 2700 fps. Up to 41 velocity increased, but at 41 & 42 seemed to level off.

Wife using RPR with 41.5 gr H4350 got 2681 fps.

Both shot well. She also tested Berger OTM 130 with good results. When we run out of 140 ELD-M we will std on Berger OTM 130.

Edub1223
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    It's called a MAGAZINE! The M1 Garand is the only rifle I am aware of which uses a "clip".

You need to post pictures.
    Thank you. It was driving me nuts reading about these 'clips'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poor Shot
    I found what I think is a good price for the Luth-AR mba3 stock at Grabagun.com. They have it online (currently) for $121.75 + $7.99 shipping. I got my LH 10 BA Stealth from them also.

"https://grabagun.com/luth-ar-mba-3-carb-stk-blk.html"

If it is a no-no posting this, somebody please delete it.

TheYoungConnoisseur
    How about a more vertical grip for it? plastic so I can have it cerakote to match the chassis

Lonestar1027
    Quote Originally Posted by TheYoungConnoisseur View Post
    How about a more vertical grip for it? plastic so I can have it cerakote to match the chassis

Have you looked at the new MPA grip with thumb support? https://masterpiecearms.com/shop/mpa...vertical-grip/

TheYoungConnoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonestar1027 View Post
    Have you looked at the new MPA grip with thumb support? https://masterpiecearms.com/shop/mpa...vertical-grip/
    Tanks but looking for something slightly more traditional

Keep eyes open, they go on sale for about 100.00 once a year. Currently 124 - link http://www.monmouthreloading.com/sho...carbine-stock/

Normal disclaimer, satisifed customer, no financial interest - ship realy fast. Bought 3 from them.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819