Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Savage Stealth in 6.5 - First impressions.

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by USAFretired View Post
    Bhowell, what height are your Burris XTR rings and scope objective diameter?

Thanks
    Burris XTR Rings (420210 Part #) 1 inch tall 34MM Rings. The scope objective is 50MM.

Basic Member
    Anyone Chronographed the Hornady ELD-M 140gr Match factory ammo out of a 24" Stealth barrel?

I can't reconcile my personal experience (+0.3 Mil) at 200 yards with the Ballistics AE app (+0.4 Mil) after reviewing all the inputs. I can get it to align if I put the bullet speed at 2800 FPS but the box indicates 2710 FPS. I'm using the G7 BC of .326 which I understand is appropriate for longer boat tailed bullets.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkhuntclub View Post
    Palmaris: Really like what you've done to the Stealth (except that wacky grip). You've inspired me to buy the xlr stock and folder. I'm also planning on a SWFA SS scope. How do you like that 12x42? I have about 7 months to wait before I can get the rifle. I plan on buying the scope before that to play with on another gun. Anyhow, you have a sweet rig! Nice work.
    Thank you very much Sir.
    First of all, this SS scopes were tested and qualified for Navy Seals, they are still on the list, meaning company must to hold everything the way it was qualified. If this is good for Navy Seals, it is definitely good for me!
    I have similar scope (12X42 Mil-Quad) on my Tikka T3 Hunter 7mm Rem Mag (I am not hunting, I use that rifle for long range), it is serving me very well. It is very clear glass, reticle is very clear and sharp. I spoke with a lot of people and everybody recommend me 10 or 12 power for 1000 yards. Probably I will end up buying 16X and will see if it will give me more on beyond 1000 yards. Unfortunately I didn't use Stealth on long range yet, planning to go 600 yards next weekend and it is still will be gong, no target. In our area 1000 yards range is very rare, only in private clubs. I am looking for access for one.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhowell View Post
    Anyone Chronographed the Hornady ELD-M 140gr Match factory ammo out of a 24" Stealth barrel?

I can't reconcile my personal experience (+0.3 Mil) at 200 yards with the Ballistics AE app (+0.4 Mil) after reviewing all the inputs. I can get it to align if I put the bullet speed at 2800 FPS but the box indicates 2710 FPS. I'm using the G7 BC of .326 which I understand is appropriate for longer boat tailed bullets.
    I am using data from Strelok Pro and they have G7 number for 140 gr ELD-M which is .326 as well. I guess Boris just get that number from Box or Hornady web site
    Strelok Pro using 2675 f/s @42F velocity and at 200 yards it is +.46 MRAD

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmaris View Post
    I am using data from Strelok Pro and they have G7 number for 140 gr ELD-M which is .326 as well. I guess Boris just get that number from Box or Hornady web site
    Strelok Pro using 2675 f/s @42F velocity and at 200 yards it is +.46 MRAD
    Double check the data on strelok. I use that program and find errors on some of there bullets.
    Savage 10 FCP-SR 308, 300BO PCS

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bearcatrp View Post
    Double check the data on strelok. I use that program and find errors on some of there bullets.
    Thank you Sir for warning. I will.
    Did you find for 6.5 Creedmoor or for other calibers? I have direct contact to the guy and can point him to this errors.

Basic Member
    I use the pro version. Found bc on 338 Hornady 285 ELD was off. Think there was one on 308 to but been awhile. Need to write this stuff down so I can send in the info.
    Savage 10 FCP-SR 308, 300BO PCS

Bhowell - what app is that, is it Android or Apple. Looks like a neat product.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhowell View Post
    Burris XTR Rings (420210 Part #) 1 inch tall 34MM Rings. The scope objective is 50MM.

Thank you for the information. I have the Bushnell Elite Tactical LRTSI 4.5-18x44mm to put on mine. 30mm tube.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CBryars2 View Post
    Bhowell - what app is that, is it Android or Apple. Looks like a neat product.
    Ballistics AE for iPhone and iPad.

Basic Member
    Received some goodies today-folding stock adapter and tactical bolt handle. Only left good bipod. but his will be later.

What is your LOP with that folder installed? I ordered the same stock and I'm thinking it may be okay fully collapsed but adding almost 2" might be too much.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitup View Post
    What is your LOP with that folder installed? I ordered the same stock and I'm thinking it may be okay fully collapsed but adding almost 2" might be too much.
    Those pics right after I recieved folding unit. After that I cut about 1/2" from the thread on pipe to get rid of castle nut and it is happened to be perfect for me. I will measure LOP tonight and will post it.

Basic Member
    Just measured LOP and it came up 13 and 5/8". There is no way to make it shorter. But XLR is offering shorter tube to compensate length of FU. In my case-I don't need it, I am right on the money with this LOP
    Here is pic how FU looks now. In my opinion it is much cleaner then with castle nut.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Basic Member
    Just measured LOP and it came up 13 and 5/8". There is no way to make it shorter. But XLR is offering shorter tube to compensate length of FU. In my case-I don't need it, I am right on the money with this LOP
    How are you preventing the tube from rotating without the castlenut. Did you locktite it in?

Basic Member
    How are you preventing the tube from rotating without the castlenut. Did you locktite it in?
    Nope. First of all, there are 7and half revolution left on the pipe, so I screw her in all the way, tightened with belt wrench, and then on the bottom, I drilled/taped hole 6-48 and put screw.

[IMG][/IMG]

Basic Member
    Nope. First of all, there are 7and half revolution left on the pipe, so I screw her in all the way, tightened with belt wrench, and then on the bottom, I drilled/taped hole 6-48 and put screw.
    Excellent work you did on it. Thanks for the information.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CBryars2 View Post
    Alternate Magazines - Magpul makes a pretty good unit - Magpul PMAG AC Magazine AICS Short Action 308 Winchester Polymer Black - https://www.midwayusa.com/product/15...-polymer-black
    Midway sells for around 37 bucks. There are 2 models, above works and not had any issues. I am looking to see what Accurate Mag will fit as I have those on 300WM and 338 Lapua and they are excellent but pricey.

Another source currently on sale: http://www.primaryarms.com/search?keywords=MAG579-BLK

Basic Member
    Excellent work you did on it. Thanks for the information.
    Thank you Sir.
    Here is another teaser. New bolt handle. I modified couple of weeks ago stock "ball", but didn't like, too bulky. This time I made it much slimmer. Material for handle is ULTEM 2300, 30% Glass filled.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Basic Member
    Thank you Sir.
    Here is another teaser. New bolt handle. I modified couple of weeks ago stock "ball", but didn't like, too bulky. This time I made it much slimmer. Material for handle is ULTEM 2300, 30% Glass filled. ]

Nice, wish I had the machinery to make items.

Basic Member
    Ok I'm thinking about a stealth in 6.5 now does this have the target accutrigger or just a standard accutrigger?

Hawaiian
    Quote Originally Posted by zr600 View Post
    Ok I'm thinking about a stealth in 6.5 now does this have the target accutrigger or just a standard accutrigger?
    It's the standard accutrigger.

Basic Member
    Here is pic how FU looks now. In my opinion it is much cleaner then with castle nut.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    That looks great. I may have to get the folder at some point.

Betterlate

Barrel length question, Is it measured into action?

Hello guys.
    I got my hardware from "jail". She has 24" barrel, so no worries there.
    What a beauty!!
    Right away dress her up with SWFA 12X42 SS scope, XLR Tactical buttstock and Royal Arms pistol grip. Tomorrow first Dance.

Hello, Savage Shooters new here so still trying to figure this reply thing my question is do I measure barrel length in to the action?

Team Savage
    Quote Originally Posted by Betterlate View Post

Hello, Savage Shooters new here so still trying to figure this reply thing my question is do I measure barrel length in to the action?
    Bolt face to the end of the barrel

Betterlate
    Thank you, drybean that helps a lot. Now that I know that my barrel is a true 24"I can focus on other parts for her.