Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Savage Stealth in 6.5 - First impressions.

Alternate Magazines -

Magpul makes a pretty good unit - Magpul PMAG AC Magazine AICS Short Action 308 Winchester Polymer Black - https://www.midwayusa.com/product/15...-polymer-black
    Midway sells for around 37 bucks. There are 2 models, above works and not had any issues. I am looking to see what Accurate Mag will fit as I have those on 300WM and 338 Lapua and they are excellent but pricey.

Basic Member
    I use the 5 round Magpul AICS mags for my 10T Creedmoor with a cadex chassis. Work fine. Didn't have 10 round ones when I was looking so may get one. Thanks for posting.
    Savage 10 FCP-SR 308, 300BO PCS

Quick update.
    Primary scope is still in shop, so slowed me down shooting. Due to go to Talladega the 23rd Dec. Not sure if I will make it.

The secondary scope cannot handle the 338 Lapua, recoil is making it go out of focus each shot.

The waiting is the worst part, check daily to see when they will ship scope back. Been 3 weeks, but in fairness, first 4 days were Thanksgiving, so really only on 2 weeks and 4 days.

Basic Member
    Hello guys.
    I am new here and for Savage in general.
    I just bought 10BA Stealth on past Monday and in CA, will see/touch/work on hardware only in 10 days. Unfortunately didn't see this thread before I made purchase and didn't measured barrel length in LGS. Now I am wondering, if they still ship barrel 22"? Does anybody have idea about it? I called CS, give them my S/N (the only thing I know about my rifle LOL) and they have no way to determinate what barrel is there. I have S/N K46908X. Whoever bought with 24" barrel originally, can tell me please, if his/her S/N higher or lower then mine?

Regards.

Honestly, had 22" on mine, sent back and Savage put 24" on. Both shot .5 moa or less (I reload your results may depend on ammo). I prefer the 24", mainly because I asked them not to flute it. Would not have a problem getting a 22". I think based on what I read your losing maybe 100 fps.

Just my opinion, from what I have heard your most likely going to get the 22".

Hawaiian
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmaris View Post
    Hello guys.
    I am new here and for Savage in general.
    I just bought 10BA Stealth on past Monday and in CA, will see/touch/work on hardware only in 10 days. Unfortunately didn't see this thread before I made purchase and didn't measured barrel length in LGS. Now I am wondering, if they still ship barrel 22"? Does anybody have idea about it? I called CS, give them my S/N (the only thing I know about my rifle LOL) and they have no way to determinate what barrel is there. I have S/N K46908X. Whoever bought with 24" barrel originally, can tell me please, if his/her S/N higher or lower then mine?

Regards.
    Palmaris,
    Your's should have a 24 inch barrel. My serial starts with K434 and it has a 24.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiian View Post
    Palmaris,
    Your's should have a 24 inch barrel. My serial starts with K434 and it has a 24.
    Thanks a lot for fast respond.

Checked my Stealth 6.5 - before barrel change SN - k287510 - it was a 22"

Good News \ Bad News

Good - Primary Scope just came in from repair (31 days including shipping both ways and Thanksgiving & Christmas), mounted it, hopefully go to range next Monday to sight back in.

Bad - Suppressor tax stamp arrived. Bummer - has wrong thread size, need 5/8 - 24 tpi, can't find one in stock.

Hawaiian
    Quote Originally Posted by CBryars2 View Post
    Good News \ Bad News

Good - Primary Scope just came in from repair (31 days including shipping both ways and Thanksgiving & Christmas), mounted it, hopefully go to range next Monday to sight back in.

Bad - Suppressor tax stamp arrived. Bummer - has wrong thread size, need 5/8 - 24 tpi, can't find one in stock.

How long was your wait on the tax stamp?

April 11 bought in stock - stamp call on Dec 26 from dealer. About 8.5 months

Dealer got me a muzzle break for Suppressor (acts as mount for suppressor). 7.62 5/8" 24 tpi. Will work for 6.5 and 300 WM. So some progress.

There was a question about difference between Drake Hunter\Stalker chassis (basis for Stealth) vs MDT LSS Chassis. Here is a good list by Frank on Snipers Hide - http://www.scout.com/military/sniper...talker-chassis

Snipers Hide -
    Drake Associates has an exclusive agreement with MDT for the production of a modified chassis system that has DRAKE design influenced features “For Snipers by Snipers” TM (pending).

Special Ergonomics features have been added to the Drake Hunter Stalker LWSS (Light Weight Sniper System) Universal Chassis over original MDT LSS design as a very custom and exclusive product improvement
    1 Hunter Stalker LWSS Universal chassis is also available in both SHORT and LONG Action - Remington 700 and Savage 10/110
    2 Hunter Stalker Raked Magwell for distinctive look and special function - quick changes with minimal movement of chassis - streamlined with tracking channel for insert of mag.
    3 Special Drake Military Division SNIPER logo engraving with Distinctive DRAKE - Bat wing TM design
    4 CHASSIS is DELIVERED with one AICS Type Patterned magazine INCLUDED - so customer has this in hand when package arrives!
    5 Special cuts around trigger guard to allow for correct fit of Ergo Grip that has finger groove ears above for index finger.
    6 Special and enhanced and "EXTENDED XL" forend giving a longer forend for use when shooting in alternate position or shooting off packs allowing for proper hand placement
    or more surface contact area (off pack)
    7 Enlarged area forward of recoil lug for custom and enlarged OAL / DRAKE Quick Change Barrel (QCB) nut clearance
    8 Exclusive Right hand Left Hand Chassis design (patent pending)
    9 Additional holes in 3/9 oclock position for use with 6" Picitinny Rail assemblies that contain flush cup design
    10 Optional 6 oclock position rail or bipod stud
    11 Optional folder device/pivot for butt stock
    12 Drake has selected the superior FAB defense GL-Shock Buttstock as a standard upgrade over the traditional Magpul CT

GL-Shock features:

• Reduces recoil and muzzle rise to allow faster, more accurate fire.
    • 5 sling attachment points, including 2 QR attachment points.
    • Storage compartment for batteries or parts.
    • MIL-SPEC reinforced polymer composite, steel hardware, rubber buttpad.
    • Fits any weapon that accepts M-4/AR15 style stocks.
    • Patented system reduces recoil and muzzle rise.
    • Auto-tensioner for no-rattle fit on both mil-spec and commercial tubes!
    • Comfortable rubber butt pad provides traction on body armor.
    • Streamlined shape will not snag on gear.
    • Cheek riser is adjustable for optimal height for optics.
    (NO ADDITIONAL Cheek pieces Need to be added)

Basic Member
    Hello guys.
    I got my hardware from "jail". She has 24" barrel, so no worries there.
    What a beauty!!
    Right away dress her up with SWFA 12X42 SS scope, XLR Tactical buttstock and Royal Arms pistol grip. Tomorrow first Dance.

Hawaiian
    Palmaris... that is PRETTY.

Basic Member
    Great info guys.

Does anyone know the buffer tube size?

I have a com spec carbine stock which barely will slide on if force is applied. Makes me think the buffer tube is irregular.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhowell View Post
    Great info guys.

Does anyone know the buffer tube size?

I have a com spec carbine stock which barely will slide on if force is applied. Makes me think the buffer tube is irregular.
    It is some weird size. Even on the description of rifle, it stated some like it will accept any Mil-Spec or commercial sizes stocks.

Fits Luth MBA 3 just fine. possible a little oversize. Stamped Drake on Tube.

Nice looking, where did you get the grip, sharp looking.

Basic Member
    I went to range today to break-in rifle. And developed problem which I will need to sort out. To clean bore I was needed to remove cheek rest or remove stock. I guess I will need to buy folding adapter for stock. Otherwise everything went smooth. Shot 1 round, clean bore with solvent, patches, brush, patches, oil. Repeated 10 rounds, Then the same with 5 groups of 3 rds, then 3 groups of 5 rounds, then run out of ammo. Still pending 2 more groups of 5 rds. Did some sighting, but because it was rain and there was no way to go out to put targets, just brought to 5" gong. Next visit hopefully it will be good weather and I can sight scope with target.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CBryars2 View Post
    Nice looking, where did you get the grip, sharp looking.
    Thank you very much Sir.
    It is made by Royal Arms and it is on sale now for $39 ( http://www.royalarms.com/shop/ar-1516-grip/ ). It does require some easy do fitting. Grip is designed for AR platform and it goes over trigger guard. For our trigger guard it needs to shave front portion of the grip. Takes about 20 minutes with file.

After fitting

Thanks so much, good info on fitting, will check it out!

Basic Member
    Made some better pictures

Basic Member
    Will have to look into that grip. Friggin sweet. My Cadex chassis takes an AR pistol grip so hope it will fit. Can always put it on my AR10 too. Thanks for posting.
    Just ordered it. Have to quit looking at this stuff!
    Savage 10 FCP-SR 308, 300BO PCS

Basic Member
    Buffer tube on my rifle is larger than commercial spec. I called Savage and they asked me to ship it back. I went ahead and put another commercial spec buffer tube on and now my new magpul stock with cheek riser fits perfectly over the tube.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast