Now before I start this is not an attack on Criterion barrels or any Vendor, just my results.
This barrel was bought for 200 yard BR score comps. , 308 1:10 @ 26" bull.
About two years ago I started load development for this barrel using 150 gr. Sierra Mk's and no matter the charge weight nor the seating depth could I get a respectable 5 shot group. Most all were 1" or more but when shooting for a 1/8th dot one inch don't cut it.
Next I went to 135 gr. Sierra Mk's with pretty much the same results, anywhere from 3/4 of an inch and up.
Then the Sierra 110 gr flat base, better but still not good enough for the game I play. Some with four under a 1/2" but then that one that turns it into 3/4 or more, always. This was an abbreviated test(over a 2 year period) all done with a clean barrel to start and 4-5 shots for fouling.
Now to be fair my actual BR gun is a PTA using a 1:8 twist 243 with 105 gr. Berger's and it shot low .2's most every time and many 0.163-.167 five shot groups, so they are capable of making match barrels, just not this 308.
After around 300 shots (attempts) I have decided to give this barrel a vacation. I will be screwing a Douglas barrel on this action ( mod. 12 single shot) and start over, hopefully with better results.
I will also call the C S people at Criterion to politely let them know my results and for their recommendations.
For general info this was all done with IMR 4895 through out the charge weights list in various manuals, and seating depths from slightly jammed to as far as 0.070 out. All testing done from concrete bench (dead level) with BR front rest (17 lbs.) and protector rear bag, and a bedded stock that was modified for better fitment to the BR style of shooting.
Like I said at the beginning this is not an attack on Criterion so PLEASE do not turn it into one, just my results and my luck of the draw with this particular barrel.