Thread: Uncle

Uncle

Uncle

Just bought my first Savage pistol. A 1907 in 32 or 7.65. Serial#185xxx Could some one help me with date of manufacture? The little auto is in excellent condition for it's age. I just realized it is a 10 shot when fully loaded. I bought it at auction. There are several mysteries with this purchase. It came in a hoister that was made for a M1922 browning and has the markings and const. inspection used by the Luftwaffe. The mystery gets deeper there is an extra clip made for ASTRA 300 in 380 or 32acp with the hoister. The little pistol fits like the hoister was made for it but the markings are for something different. I will attempt to post pictures.

Basic Member

1907 Savage .32ACP

Welcome from Canada,
    These are very nice, very well made little pistols. Please post some pic's of yours. You may want to consider lettering yours from the Savage Historian. Check the link below my pic for some information on the 1907 Savage pistols and there is a serial# to year of manufacture table close to the bottom of the page. Looks like 1918 for your's but only a Historical letter will confirm that. Here's a pic of mine:

http://milpas.cc/rifles/ZFiles/Manuf...%20Legacy.html
    Last edited by 824tsv; 06-12-2016 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Spelling

Uncle
    I field striped and cleaned my 1907 today. the inside had a heavy layer of varnish (old dried oil) to my surprise there was almost no ware to the parts inside. There was a small amount of powder residue. It evidently has been fired very little. every thing was tight. So thigh in fact I had a little trouble getting it back together (no problem with the pistol -I just did not want to force it and bend anything) once I got a feel for the strong springs it went together very nicely. Can't wait to get some ammo and try it out. I notice on some of the model 07"s the name Savage is on the left side as yours -mine does not have the name but there is to much finish to think it has been worn off, I am having trouble posting pictures. I found a sight (The model 1907 Savage Auto Pistol ) man it has every thing old advertisements field stripping procedure date of manufacture history. A neat sight. If I can figure out how to post pictures I will. Uncle

Basic Member
    If you are planning on shooting your's, keep an eye on the front sight. They tend to come loose and fall off. I've seen many for sale with the front sight missing. I shoot mine but only with 78grain lead bullets (sized .312") and a light load of W231 powder (2.0grains). A light pleasant load to shoot, cycles the slide and doesn't beat the pistol up. As far as posting photo's the easiest for me is linking the pic's directly from a websight- Photobucket for me that will host the pic's. Photobucket is free to join and you upload the pic's from your PC directly to Photobucket.

Uncle
    THANKS for the loading info I reload a little but I mainly shoot 38 and 357 ----because they are so easy to reload and I have several idem to shoot them in.