Thread: Savage Accuracy Barrel Kits by EABCO

Savage Accuracy Barrel Kits by EABCO

I had a friend ask me about these barrels from E. Arthur Brown Company and I could be of any help to him...Has anyone had any experience with their kits?
    Welcome to my home.....FYI..... That locked door you kicked down was for your protection.... not mine!!

I purchased a .260 Rem kit from them awhile back and it has been an excellent shooting barrel. Half MOA or better out to 800 yards. Not to shabby for a hunting weight barrel and at a great price.

I have the 6BR barrel kit, the barrel shoots like a laser! I have shot lots of clean match's with it at 300 yards. Two weeks ago I shot at the grand opening 500 yard Bench F-Class match in P.A. It was over 90 F and my first string of 20 rounds were to the left a little but all in the 9 ring. The thing was shooting 2'' groups until wind picked up a little. On the second string of 20 rounds I had corrected the POI and shot a clean 200 14X within 10 minutes. The barrel does not walk at all under severe heat,, I even galled a bolt lug near the end and the barrel still put them in the bull. I placed 3rd in the match leaving some very expensive rifles behind. I h lapped the bolt back in and it shot very good this past Saturday at a 300 yard match, I placed 2nd out of 16 shooter's. I am so impressed that a heavy magnum contour barrel can shoot straight being so hot, and I have done it many times over 1000 rounds of extreme duty match shooting. The barrels are made of chrome molly and the throat hasn't seemed to move much at all. I am still shooting the same load that I started out with when I first bought it. Now I can say that I would recommend an EABCO barrel for sure,, I would def. buy another. The ONLY down fall I see with the barrel is that it copper's a little, I get 2 or 3 blue patch's using Sweet's 7.62 after I clean out powder carbon fouling which isn't bad at all. Cold bore shot is right on the money also. My personal record with this barrel or any barrel is a 7/8 " 3 shot group at 1000 yards,, but I typically see under MOA at any distance out to 1000 yards for 40 rounds. More than half of those rounds are in the X ring which is 1/2 MOA. This is also done using the cheapest 6mm 105 bullet available,, the Hornady BTHP. I have tried the 105 Bart's bullet that is sick accurate but I can't afford them due to the amount of shooting I do. I have a McGowen in .223 7 twist bull and a .308 Shilen select match bull that shoot really good too and the thing about these barrels is they don't collect any copper what so ever so cleaning after a match is very quick and easy. The same goes for my .308 varmit ER Shaw barrel SS though. I have heard that EABCO uses ER Shaw blanks.
    There really is an excuse for everything!

Hey thanks guys for the report...I will let my friend read your comments.

This may be a barrel I may try in the near future!!

Thanks again!
    Welcome to my home.....FYI..... That locked door you kicked down was for your protection.... not mine!!

No problem, here is the clean 20 shot string at 500 yards, two ten shot groups.

Bart's 105 rebate boat tail

This is what it look's like.

Bart's bullet's at 200 yards.

Looks like you have a fine shooter there.... AND purdy too!

I like the stock, did you make it?

Thanks fla9,The stock is a factory Savage BVSS model that I have bedded. I like it very much, the rig is a 110 long action.

I bet those high dollar rigs hate to see you coming!
    "An armed society is a polite society"
    "...shall not be infringed" What's the confusion?

They have to deal with it, my friend has a sick Savage, it has a right port right bolt target action, an HD precision stock which has been milled in front of the trigger guard all the way to the fore end, and a stainless steel plate fits in there to make the stock more rugged, it cost around $500 for that work alone. It has a shouldered Bartlien 6 br barrel. He spent serious $$ on that build. I'm gonna take some pics for everyone, it is work of art! He had another built identical except it has a Shilen select prefit in 6 dasher and has a left port. He doesn't shoot his 40x's anymore lol.

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    Just did final testing of an EABCO 223 barrel in a worked over series 12 varmint.
    Pluses:
    .58 inch 10 shot group @ 100yds. No cherry picking of groups. Installed barrel. 4 shots to get scope on target. 10 shots for group.
    Excellent performance especially for an inexpensive barrel.
    Negligible copper fouling.
    Bore and rifling looked good with borescope
    Minus:
    Took a lot to clean.
    only small shank available

52 grain Sierra Matchking
    22.5 gr H4198
    2.250" OLA
    Lapau brass
    Last edited by CPOSHOOTER; 06-15-2016 at 10:26 AM. Reason: measurement error and small shank

Basic Member
    I forgot one other minus: caliber, twist rates, and profiles are limited. But that probably enables the low price.

CPOSHOOTER did you do the brake in procedure they send with each barrel? I read the sheet that came with my buddies barrel..... I'm still on the fence about that.

I did the break in procedure on my barrel, and could see it work. The coppering got less and less as I went along. I do get a couple of blue patches after running it hard after a 50 round match. Yes it takes a little longer time to clean than a Select Match SS barrel,, but it is worth it. I clean after every match except 2 times a and noticed the group's open up a little after 90 round's.

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    I did a break in but not their procedure. 10 shots, cleaned especially copper fouling. 10 shots and cleaned again. Then started shooting. As I noted there is very little copper fouling and may even be decreasing but still takes a lot of cleaning with Hoppes no 9. I am VERY pleased with the barrel for the money. I have barrels running up to $700 and they are generally much easier to clean but is that worth it? I will buy more EABCO if they have what I want. I am using my target action more and EABCO doesn't have large shank barrels. May try Shaw next but don't know when that will be.

Edit note: I am referring to general residue cleaning with Hoppes no 9 not copper fouling.
    Last edited by CPOSHOOTER; 06-16-2016 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Posasible cleaning misunderstanding