Thread: Weights of the new 10BA Stealth rifles?

Weights of the new 10BA Stealth rifles?

I have been looking around and may be suffering from weak google fu, but I cant seem to find how much the new 10/110 BA stealth rifles weigh.
    I know there are several calibers and configurations.
    I'd like the weight for each of them if anyone can find it listed or has one to weigh, but am particularly interested in the 24" 6.5 Creed.
    Thanks
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.

Basic Member
    My new stealth with empty mag, no scope weighed 9lbs-1oz
    Its the 24" 6.5 Creed

Basic Member
    Can you post some pics of your new stealth? Also, your initial impressions.
    Savage 10 FCP-SR 308, 300BO PCS

Banned
    You should be able to look it up on the Savage Arms page, there is place on it that lets you select caliber and that in turn has weight of that setup.

Not sure how accurate it is, I will weight my 111 BTH when I can and see.

Banned
    So much for what I think I know, can't find it on Savage site and no list of weights. Hmmm.

Thank for the reply lavahunter.
    I take it that's also without a bi pod ( I dont like pods anyway)
    It seems they did cut quite a bit of weight from the original BAs and though I would like to have seen even more weight reduction 9#s seems pretty manageable.
    We all know what happens once you start adding the goodies.
    I'm sure it will shoot amazingly well.
    Though the 24" 6.5 is currently topping my wish list, If anyone can chime in with weights on the other configurations/calibers/barrel lengths I would appreciate it.
    Hopefully there will be a lot more info available on these soon.
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bearcatrp View Post
    Can you post some pics of your new stealth? Also, your initial impressions.
    Pics may have to wait a few days, pretty busy this week.
    Only had it out once, still breaking it in, but with a Vortex Viper pst 6-24x50 it feels well balanced and light enough for a hunting rifle. I do like that you can single feed it while shooting from a bench.
    There are a few things that I don't like;
    Butt stock is so stiff it almost takes 3 hands to slide it in or out--once I get it adjusted I wont have to move it again so no biggie.
    Adjustable cheek rest is not long enough for my long neck-pokes me right in the cheek, and gets in the way when you try to run your cleaning rod in-you better have a flexible one--or just install a stock swivel like I plan to do.
    It comes with a 0 MOA scope rail and I ordered a 20 MOA rail to put on it only to find out the screw size is bigger on the stealth action then they are on all the other Savage short actions-WHY would they do that??
    I didn't think to measure the size, I just used the screws that came with the savage and drilled larger holes in the new rail.

Even though I mentioned negatives I really like how this rifle feels and handles and even with just break in ammo I think its going to be a real shooter.

If you guys have any questions about it I will try to answer them.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lavahunter View Post
    My new stealth with empty mag, no scope weighed 9lbs-1oz
    Its the 24" 6.5 Creed
    I called savage and they told me 9.23 lbs for the 6.5 cm. But either way 9.1 is not bad but any gun I shoot will be heavy with my Gen2 razor on it.

Basic Member
    Pics may have to wait a few days, pretty busy this week.
    Only had it out once, still breaking it in, but with a Vortex Viper pst 6-24x50 it feels well balanced and light enough for a hunting rifle. I do like that you can single feed it while shooting from a bench.
    There are a few things that I don't like;
    Butt stock is so stiff it almost takes 3 hands to slide it in or out--once I get it adjusted I wont have to move it again so no biggie.
    Adjustable cheek rest is not long enough for my long neck-pokes me right in the cheek, and gets in the way when you try to run your cleaning rod in-you better have a flexible one--or just install a stock swivel like I plan to do.
    It comes with a 0 MOA scope rail and I ordered a 20 MOA rail to put on it only to find out the screw size is bigger on the stealth action then they are on all the other Savage short actions-WHY would they do that??
    I didn't think to measure the size, I just used the screws that came with the savage and drilled larger holes in the new rail.

Even though I mentioned negatives I really like how this rifle feels and handles and even with just break in ammo I think its going to be a real shooter.

If you guys have any questions about it I will try to answer them.
    My stealth will be here tomorrow. And I did not like reading they changed the hole size on the scope mounts! I guess I will have to drill out my Talley mount then as it's a 20 moa. Lavahunter what ammo are you using to break it in? I have some 140 ELD ammo to break mine in, and will reload with the eld's as well.

Basic Member
    I'm using some Prime ammo I got just for the brass then I'll be reloading ELD's as well

Basic Member
    I'm using some Prime ammo I got just for the brass then I'll be reloading ELD's as well
    Got to shoot my stealth a little today. Only shot 13 rounds (talking to much) and out to 100 yards. Cleaned after rounds 5, 10. Last 3 shots at 100 were touching. Factory Hornady 140 gr eld's. Not a bad first outing with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Draftpick View Post
    Got to shoot my stealth a little today. Only shot 13 rounds (talking to much) and out to 100 yards. Cleaned after rounds 5, 10. Last 3 shots at 100 were touching. Factory Hornady 140 gr eld's. Not a bad first outing with it.

That's nice grouping !

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    What is your initial impression? Does it bind when loading the next round if you go fairly fast? My 10T's bind a bit if I try to go reloading faster than normal. Does the action seem tight or a little slop?
    Savage 10 FCP-SR 308, 300BO PCS

mjohn

110 ba stealth

Quote Originally Posted by bearcatrp View Post
    What is your initial impression? Does it bind when loading the next round if you go fairly fast? My 10T's bind a bit if I try to go reloading faster than normal. Does the action seem tight or a little slop?
    I just finished a session at 207 yds using a table top. That weight is right on. Mine comes in at 11 lbs with empty mag, the Harris medium bipod and SWFA SS12x42 and a muzzle brake. The action got smoother after about 150 rounds. It is tight at first. I have tried Hornady, American Eagle, and Winchester ammo. My personal preference for accuracy is the Hornady 120 AMAX with polymer tips (81492) as I can hold inside a 2 inch circle at 200 yards 6 (3 were touching) out of 10. The other 4 were just out but still in the 4 inch circle. Muzzle velocity is rated 2910 f/s. Corrected for altitude and temp (4400/87F) gave me 2970 f/s at muzzle and 2578 at 207 yards. May have done better without the 13 mph right to left + 45 degree back to front wind. Going prone would surely help too. Very accurate rifle. Using the bolt does tend to bind a bit when loading fast. So I use my thumb directly on the back of the bolt and the lever to lock. Works much better. My only concern is the magazine. It wont truly hold 10 rounds. Eight is max if I want it to feed properly. The body is about 1/4 inch too short. Seems to bind with 9/10 rounds. I am replacing the mag anyway so not a big deal. So sub MOA is pretty easy. Next stop, 300 yards and practice, practice, practice. FYI I did the shoot 5 clean- barrel break in.
    Last edited by mjohn; 07-15-2016 at 11:16 PM.

Jrs81
    Mjohn, mine loved the 120 amax's too and the 140's as well. Did you have any pressure issues with yours and the 120's? I have had a few that were hard to close the bolt and then hard to extract, lift and extract I should say. All the ones that had that issue came out with a flattened primer and extracter mark also. Just wondering if you have seen any of this outta yours?