Thread: CMP Garand, Springfield, Vintage matches at Pensacola, FL

JCalhoun

CMP Garand, Springfield, Vintage matches at Pensacola, FL

From Jim K.

1. I planned for 40 individual matches to be fired, but have 60 scorecards (in case of redos). I probably will have copies of scorecards so they can be transcribed tp actual scorecards after the match.

2. I plan to have 10 firing points available at a time, with as many relays as needed.

3. The match is 30 March, at the Pensacola Rifle and Pistol Club 200 yard rifle range. We’ll begin the first relay at 9am and hopefully have a new relay every 1.25 hours.

I have some of my club members calling, I expect a crew of highpower guys, so we should have a good time. That’s what I want, a good time with no pressure on my non-competitor shooters. I’ll let the competitive shooters put their own pressure on themselves.

It will be good to see you,
    Jim

Directions:
    From I-10. Take the Hwy 29 North exit in Escambia County, FL. Travel north to Cantonment, pass International Paper. After the Cantonment intersection light, travel 4.3 miles to Mathison Rd, turn left. Hwy 29 will be 65 mph, so be watching for the salvage yard with a car on 2 posts. When you reach the top of the hill, that will be Mathison Rd, there is a building directly across the road that has a white rectangular sign with letters too small to read.

If you want to use a GPS, you can plug in this address and it will take you to letter “B” marked on the map: 3437 John Wilson Rd, Cantonment, FL
    At letter “B” you will see the range gate straight ahead. See below that the range road makes 2 90 degree turns before arriving at the range. You can see the 200 yard section at the bottom left corner of the pictured map.

Last edited by JCalhoun; 03-06-2013 at 09:23 PM.

JCalhoun
    If anyone needs a loaner let me know.

JCalhoun
    There has been a change of plans.

There is going to be a CMP sanctioned match in Pensacola, FL on the same day.