Thread: 6.5 saum nah!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member

6.5 saum nah!

So I have a couple creedmoors and had been kicking the idea around of building a 6.5 saum for hunting. It seems God has come down and built the 6.5 saum 4s by his own hands, by reading all these reviews.
    I think I have come to the conclusion that the saum doesn't really give much of an advantage over the creedmoors. Sure another 300fps, I get it. But I feel the creedmoor can handle everything in North America that you would essentially use the saum for, and at a lesser cost. I'm feeling honestly as if you would be compromising on the saum (when you could just step up to a 338 edge, 300 win mag, etc... take a pick from many others) for long range hunting considering cost and availability of brass. Am I crazy for thinking along these lines or am I missing something?
    It seems as if I'm in minority here. I've honestly tried to make myself build one but can't. Am I just not seeing an enormous perk of the 6.5 saum that everyone else is seeing?
    Sure, if I didn't already have a couple creedmoors and wanted a awesome 6.5 cal I would go to a 6.5 saum but I feel it's not worth it as of now. Of course if you just want another caliber for the heck of it then by all means I have nothing against the saum. I just feel like it's not amazing do all end all hunting cal that people are making it. It was designed for a specific niche that it fills well (in the precision rifle sector), but people Love it for long range hunting it seems, when there are better options.
    Im just thinking out loud here. Not trying to persuade any people away from the saum, just trying to conform or allow someone to enlighten my misguided thoughts.
    Last edited by Savageman25; 05-31-2016 at 05:25 PM.