Thread: 34mm Scope Ring Suggestions for savage 10 series with factory Installed Pic Rail

34mm Scope Ring Suggestions for savage 10 series with factory Installed Pic Rail

I just picked up a Savage model 10t, a cabellas exclusive it is not the most common rifle but I think my question would be relevant to other similar rifles with the 110 action, bull barrel and factory installed 1913 (Picatinny) rail/base. I will be mounting my Burris XTR II 4-20x50 with 34mm tube. Can anyone suggest scope rings (make, model and size) that will work well with this setup? I would like the scope to be nice and low to the bore. New to bolt guns this is my first time buying rings. From my research i understand that different brands measure ring height differently making the selection process rather confusing... Any experience members can share will be greatly appreciated.

I forgot to mention budget. I don't need QD. If I can get a good set of rings for under $100 that would be great. However if a larger investment is necessary to get a set up that functions correctly than so be it.

Thanks,
    Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best rings out there are the ARC M-10 rings. They're not $100, but they're awesome. Once you use them, you won't want to use anything else.

I went with seekings low rings. Gonna try them out. Can alway return if I don't like

Quote Originally Posted by upSLIDEdown View Post
    Best rings out there are the ARC M-10 rings. They're not $100, but they're awesome. Once you use them, you won't want to use anything else.
    Those look pretty sweet. Kinda like the IOR rings?

Banned
    As far as those ARC M10 rings are concerned, I can't see how a mount with 2 hinge points, and only one screw, could have any holding power. I know they are not used by a single top shooter. The top choices, used by the pros, are Badger, Seekins, Larue and Nightforce. Personally, I really like TPS, Leupold MK4, and Warne the Warne are actually in your perfect price range. They are weaver, but that's not a huge deal. They are available in permanant, or quick detach mount, and really have a nice solid, minimalist design. Honestly, I would use the Warne over the ARC. You may want to look into mounts as well. I use the American Defense AD Recon 20moa elevation. There are just so many options, but not many under $100. Warne is about the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    As far as those ARC M10 rings are concerned, I can't see how a mount with 2 hinge points, and only one screw, could have any holding power. I know they are not used by a single top shooter. The top choices, used by the pros, are Badger, Seekins, Larue and Nightforce. Personally, I really like TPS, Leupold MK4, and Warne the Warne are actually in your perfect price range. They are weaver, but that's not a huge deal. They are available in permanant, or quick detach mount, and really have a nice solid, minimalist design. Honestly, I would use the Warne over the ARC. You may want to look into mounts as well. I use the American Defense AD Recon 20moa elevation. There are just so many options, but not many under $100. Warne is about the only one.

Have you ever seen them or used them? I have 3 buddy's running them, and they're rock solid. They're also the easiest rings to install and get your reticle alignment correct, since nothing moves when you torque them down. ARC's stuff is just starting to get well known, and everything Ted builds has more thought and design behind it than anything else I've ever seen. I'd guarantee you'll start seeing Mausingfields and M10 rings a lot more very soon, and I'd bet there are 'pro's' using them that you're unaware of already.

Basic Member
    Actually, a lot of the top competitive shooters at the national level are starting to run the ARC Rings. They are what I run and highly recommend. All who have taken my advice on these rings have thanked me immensely on the decision.

If you are unfamiliar with a product or its designer then you probably shouldn't make a recommendation on it. I actually had a SPUHR mount before the ARC Rings and got rid of it as soon as I made the switch. They are all I recommend anymore.

I know you don't know me either, but I can tell you I've spent enough money, tried numerous different products, and am better read on current products the the majority of shooters I know.

To the OP. If you want the best rings on the market, get a set of ARC M10 rings. They are the easiest most reliable rings you'll ever use.

There are many other options that will get the job done, but I prefer spending 5min mounting a scope and being done with it. Not to mention easy return to zero even after a 100% break down of the rifle.

Not trying to boast or brag just passing the knowledge I've acquired through actual hands on experience.

I had some AMAZON credits so decided to go with a pair of seekins low rings. They arrive tomorrow so looking forward to seeing how they fit

Basic Member
    They're a great reliable product and I'm sure they'll accomplish exactly what you need them to do!

Banned
    Very wise decision on the Seekins. To the others: I'm very happy that you have rings that you trust absolutely. That's a great thing. Take care. Again to the OP, awesome choice, and getting to use Amazon credits is pure joy. Take care
    Last edited by Dave Hoback; 06-03-2016 at 10:30 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverDave View Post
    I had some AMAZON credits so decided to go with a pair of seekins low rings. They arrive tomorrow so looking forward to seeing how they fit

Seekins are an excellent ring. I have used them since they were first made and with many different scopes on many different rifles and they never let me down either at a match or any shooting. They will hold the scope firmly and don't leave ring marks.