Thread: Frontline Defense July 1st Open Class

Basic Member

Frontline Defense July 1st Open Class

Stage 8

Prone stage. 200, 1000, 400, 800, and 600 in that order 2 shots each with 90sec par time.

https://youtu.be/0qKwlSr-cUI

Other photos from the match

I finished up in 8th place out of 55 shooters with 66 out of 80 points available this match. Most points were dropped on stages 3 and 4. It seems every time I go to the matches at Frontline defense area 2 where stages 3 & 4 are set up continue to be a thorn in my side! The Berms tend to suck up impacts making it very hard to spot your own shots for follow ups and being 6'5" it's hard to climb around inside of vehicles to multiple shooting positions.

However, considering the load I chose to shoot in the match had only been tested with 5 rounds from the OCW I did at 100yds. I really can't complain about my rifles performance. Load may need some very slight tuning for maximum performance, but it's definitely usable!

Going to refocus on a bit of conditioning and flexibility in my personal fitness regime as it's been lacking over the last few months. And it shows at these long hot summer matches!

Still a lot of shooting going on this season, but I'm already looking at how to focus my training and match participation goals. As I want to improve the quality and consistency of my match performances and the only way to do that is to have the space available to get out and train and ensure that my rifle data and dope are spot on. Also need to increase the accuracy of my wind reading skills. The GeoBallistics app with the weather flow meter are very accurate in aiding the determination of your wind holds, but as we all know they only measure at your location. We will adjust and move forward!

Thanks for reading and hope the content is enjoyed!

-LW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by LoneWolf; 07-02-2017 at 07:27 PM.