Thread: B-Mag-Snake bite again!!!

B-Mag-Snake bite again!!!

Something was really wrong with this picture:: I had traded into a 2014 vintage B-Mag in excellent condition. Put a trusty scope onto the rifle and bought some cartridges. There were Hornady 20gr. rounds. All was well until the wheels came off. Got the rifle shooting and zeroed in at 50yds then moved to 100 yards. The groups could be measured with an average screen door. The second round was a total misfire-one of two. Shortly after the first dud a second round malfunction. The action was filled with smoke! The case had failed at the rim. In the process the trigger guard turned out to have been broken. This was on my watch so I'll take responsibility. The rifle continued to show no accuracy. There was a second misfire plus some necessary double strikes to get rounds to fire. The case head was pushed out where it contacted the bolt face and was convex-kinda odd looking. All this happened in thirty five rounds. I will speak to maker of rifle and ammunition. Why does this stuff happen on long weekends? I am considering putting this rifle and remaining shells in the yard of somebody I really do not like under the cover of dark. Rant over.

Contact savage and they'll take care of it, though it may take a while.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    when my new SS HB was bad I could not hit a 4x4 sheet of cardboard at 50 feet sent it in and they made a new rifle for me, took about 6 months though as they cycle threw making different guns on the line

but got a say the new one is a tack driver at 200 yards

The broken trigger guard my my doing-nothing to do with the rest of the events. It's hard for me understand how the firearms company and the ammo maker could put time and money into R&D and have the results they did. I expect everything will be OK in the end.

Up Date: Savage folks sent a prepaid shipping label and off the rifle went. Now, I am waiting for a replacement for the defective rifle. The customer rep did very well handling the problem with that rifle. Overall, I am impressed with their customer service and efforts to make everything as it should be. Yes, Savage will take care of it!

Update on B-Mag. A bet....

It took the time from the original post until early this month. The stainless heavy barrel rifle came. Had a Bushnell 3x9 scope and synthetic stock. The rifle required very little shooting for the first zero. I string of three shot group were fired These were under an inch. On the next outing a final zero was to be set. Several of the rounds,Hornady Vmax 20gr, were such that it took effort to shot the bolt. Looks like that tight rounds may have be related to the flyers. Making up for a flyer the five shot group was slightly elongated due to wind but was less than an inch. My bet is there is nothing wrong with this generation of B Mag's. We are dealing with inconsistent cartridges. Just a bet. This B Mag is a keeper.