I hate starting off a thread with that title but I need the collective wisdom of the forum as this part is not in the manual. Savage recently sent me a new stock because one of the swivel studs on my FCP-10 SR was crooked.

I had to remove the frame assembly and trigger guard and apply them to the new stock that was sent. I noticed that this tiny washer came out during removal and I'm not sure where it is supposed to go:

I called Savage and they said it "most likely" goes between the frame assembly and trigger guard (frame assembly in, then washer, then trigger guard over that) on the rear action screw. That makes sense since I never saw this washer until I removed the trigger guard and frame assembly (I have separated the stock and action/barrel before to clean). However they said it could also be on the front action screw.

I don't like "most likely" when dealing with firearms so I was curious if anyone could confirm? Would placing this washer incorrectly (rear vs front action screw) negatively affect accuracy?

Thanks