Thread: Dead Coyote Hevi Shot

Aim4gold

Dead Coyote Hevi Shot

I need to dispatch some critters in area that isn't safe to use highpowers - so I opted to spend the bucks and try the dead coyote hevi T shot, 12 ga 31/2"

My first shot was to pattern at 30 yds -
    Can I say "did you get the license of that truck that hit me"?
    I don't think I have EVER shot anything that kicked so had - WOW
    I went back to the shop and got my wussy shoulder pad before pattering at 50 yds

By the way, excellent pattern even at 50 yds - high dollar loads but I don't need many, one box aughta clean up the varmints!!!

Re: Dead Coyote Hevi Shot

I feel your pain! I shot 3 1/2" #4 turkey loads this spring for the first time.

I only shot two rounds and didn't want any more! My shoulder hurt for days!!!!

Aim4gold

I have been shooting #5 3.5" hevi shot on turkeys for years. It was black'n blueing me. This forced me put a limbsaver pad on my turkey gun. But this dead coyote shot surpasses those turkey loads by a bunch.

I had rotator cuff surgery 7 months ago - maybe I'm a little tender yet?

stevec

I still have 9 of the 10 3.5" turkey loads I bought several years ago. one was enough.

Havnt tried the dead coyote. too many $ for me.

Steve

what are you shooting them in? hope it was not a light weight single shot!
    .223 Rem AI, .22-250 AI, .220 Swift AI .243 Win AI, .6mm Rem AI, .257 Rob AI, .25-06 AI, 6.5x300wsm .30-06 AI, .270 STW, 7mm STW, 28 nosler, .416 Taylor

Aim4gold

Ya, I know you can really tame down recoil with an autoloader but I mostly only use my shotgun for spring turkey. All I have to withstand is 2 shots and I'm done for the season. So i can't justify an autoloader.
    I'm shooting my trusty 835 mossberg - fill it with sand, pine needles or what ever - it shots every time
    This way I have more recreation cash for highpowers!

This dead coyote shot really rocked my world - good thing I don't need to shoot many out of it :)

stevec

I use a Charles Daily auto. it is very light. I wouldnt want a pump gun for theses loads.

Steve

NATTY BUMPO

When I first got my 835 I tried it and saw how tight it shot and put an Aimpoint on it. Then I took it out and both sighted in the Aimpoint and patterned different shot sizes to see what it liked. I fired 9 rounds of 3 1/2" that day. The only thing that thumps me as bad as that is my Marlin .45-70 Guide Gun with T-Rex loads. I got frisky and loaded up a Remmie 405 gr. JSP which was going out about 1920 f.p.s. I gave that 835 away to a dear friend's son when they moved. I'm thinking that someday I'll pick me up a 935 semi-auto to replace it and let that action suck up some of the recoil next time.

Hutch

wow....I didn't think it kicked all that bad...now what does kick is thst new remmy fast steel....wait, hypersonic steel!! that's it... 12g 3" BB 1700 fps...oooooh baby, I like it!!!

Hutch

1Shot

...Never shot it...Always used 3" No.4 buck on yotes...