Since I live in Louisville, I have been looking forward to the 2016 NRA Show at the Kentucky Exposition Center for quit a few weeks now. And am happy to report it really exceeded expectations, and with 11 acres of firearms display, 750 some odd vendors, as well as all manner of gear and accessories it was an exciting few days. Friday was the day of "The Trump" and it was packed so I decided wait until Saturday. Their were a ton vendors and knew I wouldn't have enough time to see everything that I wanted which ended up being the case, but along the way I did run across some very cool unexpected newly released products.

Needless to say, one the first things I focused on was finding the Savage Arms section. Located practically in the center of the display floor, near a few of the other big names, like Sig, Barret, Burris. etc..., it was reasonably easy to find. Everything was laid out well, done in the new logo, and they had plenty of staff to answer basic questions. At first, nothing really caught my eye, except for the new Axis with the wood stock which I had not seen before. But after milling around for a bit I came across the soon to be released Short Action Savage Stealth.

For whatever reason, it did not have a special display and was off to the side not in the main area. They said it would be available in about 2-3 weeks.

Here are the basic spec's

- Savage 12 Target Action Top Bolt Release(it doesn't look like one to me, maybe I am wrong)
- Accutrigger that adjusts down to 1.5 lbs
- The Chassis is made by MDT for Savage
- AICS Compatible, it had the MDDTAC Mag but should work with Alpha, AICS, new PMAG etc..
- Fluted 24'' Barrel threaded 5/8-24
- Accepts AR-15 Style ButtStocks
- Blueprinted/Trued
- This one was in 6.5 Creedmore.

I asked the manager if any formal testing had been done to show what if any improvement their was associated with having the action trued up. He stated it was "incremental". I took that as code for not much, and if we did do any testing we are not telling you!! Also, it was noticeably light than the RPR.