I dont know exactly where to post this but Ill put it here and it can be moved if needed. My thinking is that people that are in the process of building may be more apt to be considering sending their actions off to be trued. I had read several threads about Sharp shooter supply truing actions with pretty good reviews, that is once they actually got it back. It seemed that the extremely long wait was the main complaint from most everyone. But after getting them back, it seemed most were very pleased with the function. I am beginning to believe that they keep them so long that you forget how they USED to function. Any way, my story:

I contacted SSS and spoke to Lisa end of last year. I specifically asked about the turn around time. Since I had just built a couple rifles I thought it was no big deal to have two rifles pulled apart for a bit. One thing that struck me as a move in the right direction was making it
necessary to have a reservation to have the work done. She said that I wouldnt be sending them in until he is ready to get started there by reducing the time they would be down.

Ok, great! She said it would be 4 to 6 weeks to get them done and back to me. Perfectly fine. I have a lot of shooting to do on these two new rifles and wouldnt miss them any how. So I had a date of first week in March. I paid a local gun smith to tear them down. A couple weeks into it there was a death in the family. I recently lost both parents so I understand. If memory serves me, that was just over 6 weeks ago after they already had them a few weeks. I cant seem to get an eta out of them and we are quickly approaching 90 days.

Im not terribly upset or anything although slightly mislead up front. I had been warned after all. The point of this thread is to warn others
that it takes much longer than advertised to have this service done. So if you cant be with out your rifle for MONTHS...... Dont do it!

I had purchased two competition triggers a couple months before I sent in my actions and never got them. I told Lisa to just install them on my actions since they would be down there any how. Luckily I have a couple other MAIN rifles that have my full attention right now but I always liked pulling out the 338 at the end of every session and putting a few rounds down range.

So be warned.