Thread: another silly stock question

yotehater

another silly stock question

I have a 112FVS single shot action with the 5.06" spacing. I'm finding very little out there that will work so any suggestions? I guess a blind mag type stock would work but weaken the stock in my opinion. I've thought about that and just acra-glassing in the mag inlet. Does anyone offer a stock with the built in aluminum block for these long single shot actions? Thanks.

Why not buy this and bed it into your stock

http://www.whiddengunworks.com/product/v-block/

yotehater
    now I'd never seen those. That might be something I'd want to inlet into a laminate but not sure if the stock plastic one would be stiff enough. Thanks for the suggestion m12lrs that definitely has potential, just wish it was a solid action style. cool.

Basic Member
    A magwell cut out has no effect on stiffness or accuracy, so don't lose any sleep over it.
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."

Basic Member
    You could order a stock from Richards Micro-fit and have them not machine out the mag well. Down side is you have to wait 2 to 3 months, and do your own finishing.

I don't think I'd fill in a mag well as you mention. That big of mass of material will get hot and expand as it cures, particularly if over catalyzed. Not good for the wood. Also good to know is that catalyst is not used up in the cure. It is free to migrate afterwards and will migrate into wood, and onto barrel. In small amounts it's not so noticeable, but a large mass probably will be.

That's why I prefer to use epoxy when ever possible.

Hogue makes a full aluminum stock with some sort of rubber over molding on it.
    Like sharpshooter said it really doesn't matter but if it bothers you fill the void with epoxy.
    FROGGY
    See profile for fire arms
    Do it today there maybe no tomorrow

yotehater
    After considering all of these options. I do believe I'm leaning towards the Richards microfit laminate benchrest style. I don't have any problem in doing a little sanding or dremel work if the inletting needs help. I'll glass in the mag well when I bed it. Man that Electric Blue just seems to draw my eye. It should compliment the heavy stainless barrel that Fred did for me in 224 TTH. Thanks all for the suggestions and help. I can't wait to bust some long range yotes and feral pigs with it.

Team Savage
    One thing you have to watch when it comes to Richard's Micro Fit stocks. Those folks are color blind. The blue that it showed on the site turned out to be green like in aqua. Just a heads up. Not a bad thing unless you had your mind set on "BLUE".
    Oz never gave nothing to the Tin Man, that he didn't already have.

Basic Member
    I have a Richard's shipping next week. They were pretty spot on with the lead time for me. I plan on putting a the v block in it soon enough. It's a wedding gift for the misses later this month. Older 110, will be going with the mag version, and running a single shot block in it, so it will be similar. I'm not worried about stiffness at all.