I am getting Older now so my hunting trips are fewer and farther between. But I got a chance to make a quick trip to Amarillo Tx a few weeks ago. To do a little Prairie Dog hunting and I just took three of my Old Savage Bolt Guns, a 223HD, 22-250HD, and a 25-06HD. I had not shot any of them in well over a year, and was worried about them holding their zero`s. I should not have worried, I fired a 3 round group in each rifle and they were all spot on just like I had left them. We shot a lot of Prairie Dogs and a few Jackrabbits in the 2 days I was there. And even killed two Coyotes that got to close to me trying to grab a dead Prairie Dog or Jackrabbit that were laying close to a brushy fence line. All three of my Old Savage Bolt Guns shot extremely well, as well or better than a couple of Sako`s some of the other Guys were using. And they were the ones that pointed that out. I don`t own a Savage Bolt Gun that doesn't shoot an inch or less at a 100yds. And all of my Savages are all stock from the factory except for Trigger Jobs. And to be real honest the Savage Barrel Nut on my rifles makes them better looking to me and I am very proud of every one of them I own. I have never seen a Savage Bolt Gun that wouldn't`t shoot. Sorry if I got long winded and bored you guys. Thanks for letting me join Your Forum.
ken