Thread: friend was going to surprise his wife with a new rifle now it has to go back

Basic Member

friend was going to surprise his wife with a new rifle now it has to go back

a good friend and fellow shooter wanted to surprise his wife with a new savage since she liked dinging steel at 300 yards. so he buys her a savage mod 12 pta rbrp in 223 7 twist 30" barrel and wanted me to put his sightron s3 10x50x60 scope on it he dropped it off wednesday for me to mount the scope this morning i unbox the rifle and start mounting the scope everything is level torqued to specs then i see it . his new rifle has a cracked stock starting where the safety is and running back to the butt end about 4 " first thing i say is **** not how i want to start my day then i get behind the rifle and next thing i see is his cross hairs are off bad i break out my levels and everything is level look again still the same so now he has to call buds gunshop up and tell them about the stock and see what to do and send the scope back for warranty to sightron .
    needless to say his wife wont be getting her birthday present tomorrow

Basic Member
    S__t happens!

Basic Member
    it just suck he scrounged so he could buy the rifle ,scope (even though it went on his ) new base , rings even ordering brass,dies,and bullets for it and to have this have the day before i almost want to take the nightforce off my f open rifle and put it on if it wasnt for the crack in the stock so she could shoot it tomorrow

bigger
    If I've learned anything in 16 years of marriage, it's that you always have your wife's birthday present ready to go at least 1 month in advance. Every time I have put it off, it bites me in the ass!

Quote Originally Posted by bigger View Post
    If I've learned anything in 16 years of marriage, it's that you always have your wife's birthday present ready to go at least 1 month in advance. Every time I have put it off, it bites me in the ass!

Same here. To many times It has not gone the way I wanted when I waited.
    [QUOTE=fgw_in_fla;256183]We told you so...[/QUOTE]

Basic Member
    I'm working on a wedding present for mine, end of July, still have to get a stock made. Trying to plan ahead, but it is getting closer to crunch time. More ways then one I suppose.

Basic Member
    well it started as a cruise next week then about a month ago he took her out to the range for the first time and started her out on a savage .22lr shooting paper at 100 yds my wife was shooting next to her at some steel @300 yds just playing around with her fclass 223 i built for her well after her 3rd shot ringing the steel she had a smile from ear to ear . so he work as much overtime as he could and bought her one .
    on a good note he talked to savage they are sending him a new stock out monday and sightron will warranty the scope so all is good