Thread: FCP Stock

hrdstmax

FCP Stock

I have a Savage 10FCP and I find it rather heavy with the scope installed, the scope is a Vortex Diamondback HP 4-16 with burris XTR rings. I was looking to replace the stock. Does anyone know the weight of the Accustock it comes in. Any recommendations on different stocks that are lighter? Thanks

Really? You bought a heavy-barreled rifle, put a big scope on it, and now you find it too heavy?

I dunno what the plastic Accu-Stock weighs, but they're already light.

If you want to save weight, I think you should look at your barrel or your scope.

Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    Really? You bought a heavy-barreled rifle, put a big scope on it, and now you find it too heavy?

I dunno what the plastic Accu-Stock weighs, but they're already light.

If you want to save weight, I think you should look at your barrel or your scope.
    I agree with Bimmer. The Accu-Stock is very light. More than likely, a replacement stock will weight more than your Accu-Stock.

Your looking in the wrong area to save weight. The only way to save weight is to shorten the barrel, or re-contour your barrel. It can be done, but I don't know if it will be cost effective.

Dennis
    [B][SIZE=3]Dennis[/SIZE][/B]

hrdstmax
    I knew the rifle was heavy when I bought it I just didn't know how much of the weight was barrel/action and how much was stock since I have the 20" model and its fluted. I also don't have very much experience with the Accu-Stock. Thanks for the help.

willy c
    i have a 110 fcp and it comes with a hs precision stock and aluminum bedding block. a good stock!

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.