Thread: Savage 11 Scout Magazines

FullFlatGrind

Savage 11 Scout Magazines

I'm seriously considering picking up a Savage Scout, however, I can not find any 10 round replacement magazines. What I can find are 10 round FCP-SR magazines (http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/m...97951/redirect)
    and 10 round XMAGS (http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/m...08818/redirect).
    Does anybody know if these would work in the Savage Scout? If not can you direct me to some ones that would work? Or better yet, would either of the ones above, or the proper Scout mags if anybody can find some, work in the Savage 16 FCSS DBM, a rifle I already have. If they do work in the 16, I believe I would take the scope off, have a front site mounted and put an aperture sight on the back, and have a set up I'd prefer to the Scout.
    If anybody is wondering, I'm trying to create my perfect, truck, boat, hog busting rifle.

Same mags as the Scout takes - assuming it's the newer Scout that comes with the 10rd mag from the factory. Just be forewarned that you'll likely only be able to load 9 rounds in it.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

FullFlatGrind
    Both are?
    And yeah, I'm talking about the newer Scout with the muzzle brake (which would be replaced with a Troy Claymore). I have to say though, every minute I like the route with the 16 I was talking about even more. I may end up doing that. But the Scout mags will work with the standard rifle, too?

They'll work with any recent Savage DBM rifle except the Axis, Lightweight Hunter, Trophy Hunter and aluminum chassis models. If you actually look at the product photo's in the two links above, both have the exact same P/N of 110570 on the packaging.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain