Thread: balistics calculator

savage83

balistics calculator

Im needing to get a app for my phone. What would be a good one for a beginner.

Basic Member
    Strelok pro is what I use. Works very well

LongRange
    shooter...fast and simple.

I also use Strelok Pro, it's easy to use and works well. Thought about downloading Shooter as well so I can compare the two. Have a few friends who use it and they are happy with it.

+1 for Strelok Pro

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Shooting solution is a nice free one but it only allows you to use the G1 standard. You can also go to the Berger Bullet site and use their calculator on their website which is basically running all the same software and solutions as the shooter app and it's free.

Basic Member
    I started with Strelok Pro, Shooter is much better in my opinion. Simply because of the list of bullets built into it. Whatever caliber you shoot if shooting long range pick a bullet that they have (Brian Litz G7). After that all you need is good chrono data or enough range to use the velocity calibration function. I took a barrel with 70rds on it to a match yesterday. I had just picked a load from my load dev session on Friday,but haven't had a chance to do fine tuning yet. Prior to match start they gave us some time to zero so I fired a quick 3 shots to get on at 100. Then I shot to 6 distances from 215yds out to 851yds and documented my come ups/actual drop data. Plug it into the velocity calibration section and it spits out 3072fps with my 115DTACs.

I go straight 900yds and put a first round hit on the target. In 11 shots I was ready for the match (Long Range Steel) which I took 2nd in. We had a lot of wind yesterday, but my elevation was always good!

Streloks Velocity Calibration function if I recall only let you put in one distance (unless it's been updated). I just found it to have more variations if the data was input just right to match your shooting conditions. Shooter has been much more forgiving in numerous shooting locations.

Quote Originally Posted by hafejd30 View Post
    Strelok pro is what I use. Works very well
    Same here, though they could make finding your specific reticle a LOT easier by first selecting the brand then the reticle like they do with the bullet selector. Scrolling through that list trying to find the one you're looking for is a PITA, and not all brands are up to date on model/reticle options.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
    I started with Strelok Pro, Shooter is much better in my opinion. Simply because of the list of bullets built into it.

Streloks Velocity Calibration function if I recall only let you put in one distance (unless it's been updated). I just found it to have more variations if the data was input just right to match your shooting conditions. Shooter has been much more forgiving in numerous shooting locations.
    Not sure how you could get a better bullet selection feature than the Strelok Pro has, unless Shooter includes some off-the wall specialty stuff that it doesn't. And yes, Strelok has been updated to allow entering velocities for several distances. You can even define each distance yourself.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFurious View Post
    Not sure how you could get a better bullet selection feature than the Strelok Pro has, unless Shooter includes some off-the wall specialty stuff that it doesn't. And yes, Strelok has been updated to allow entering velocities for several distances. You can even define each distance yourself.
    That's good! I like that Shooter has Litz's G7 test data loaded for most of the bullets that I choose from for match work. The G7 has been the most consistent for me with modern boat tail bullet designs.

LongRange
    shooter is just so simple to use...i also have and use ballistics AE and its very accurate but a PITA to use but im not real tech savvy.

Basic Member
    Strelok is great for quick acquisition/info but not most accurate beyond 700 yards.
    Considering many do not have access to shooting that distance then Strelok is great.
    Applied Ballistic and Ballistic AE are phenomenal but costs
    ISnipe is great for ammo info.
    Hornady Free online is actually really accurate out to 1000

Basic Member
    Which one did the ultimate sniper use?