Thread: 11vt or 111 trophy hunter for 308 choice

Basic Member

11vt or 111 trophy hunter for 308 choice

Was at Dicks today and the trophy hunter has a Nikon scope with bdc and the vt has a lesser scope of some type both are on sale for 399

I won't be backpacking or long hiking with it so I'm not so jacked up about the weight but is one rifle considered more favorably overall than the other? Thinking I'll pull the trigger on one before they go off sale

fabricator1
    The 11vt with a good scope and a boyds stock is a tack driver i have put a few together for friends they are heavy but great target rifle

Wow that is a great price for either of them. I have a TH not sure what the difference the VT is, but I paid $475 OTD and sent off the back when I bought mine. Everywhere I had looked $515 was the cheapest before tax.
    [QUOTE=fgw_in_fla;256183]We told you so...[/QUOTE]

Basic Member
    yea, I thought so too on the price and have one of the Cabela's rifles but thought that one of these is such a good buy that I may get one and give to my son. He is like me in that he appreciates a real tack drive that he can use to hunt with but doesn't mind if it has the bull barrel if needed. Either one looks like a great deal but I knew there would be a lot of guys here that have varied experiences and wanted to cash in on that experience and opinion before making the purchase.

Basic Member
    I've had the 11VT in .308 for 2 years now. That is a killer price you posted. I would break a leg jumping at one of those. If/when you get the 11VT, take that junk scope off as soon as you get home, throw it as far out into the lake as you can, and put on a good scope. I am getting 2.5 inch groups at 300 yards with my hand loads. Best thing I ever spent money on. It is quite heavy, it is built for the shooting table, not hunting. I have had zero problems with mine. I would do it again in a heart beat. One person here is claiming problems, but if you read his posts, I believe he can't walk and chew gum at the same time. Go for it.

Basic Member
    I have learned today that Dicks doesn't offer the trophy hunter in 308 or that is what the salesman told me anyway. so I could cut the barrel of the 11vt to 22 inches, to manage the length of the suppressor, and likely not interfere with accuracy, correct? I have read as much as I can on these rifles and sounds like the consensus is that shortening the barrel has no effect on accuracy, only muzzle velocity. If anybody knows different on the trophy hunter being offered in 308 please sing out. Gotten mixed answers from Dicks

Basic Member
    The trophy hunter (xp) on the Savage sight has the .308 as available. Dicks may not stock it. Their website is useless for rifles. They don't even list the 11vt.

Basic Member
    appreciate that may try to get them to order

Team Savage
    You might want to try Field and Stream - Dick's owns them but they seem to be more knowledgeable about rifles. Then again they may not offer the special prices.

Basic Member
    they ordered one for me