Thread: Mkii FVSR and folding stock

athebard

Mkii FVSR and folding stock

I'd like to get a folding stock for my Mkii so I can fit it in my backpack when I go hiking.

I've been looking at these:http://www.troupsystems.com/rimfire%20para%20stocks.htm

Would this be the correct stock? http://riflestocks.com/store/product39.html Do I need any other parts?

Thanks for any info, I'm new to this stuff!

Az
    Last edited by athebard; 04-17-2016 at 09:12 AM.

As far as I know, no one makes a folding stock for the Savage rimfire rifles. The one you link to above is for an AR15-type rifle and won't work. If you really want a backpack friendly rimfire rifle I'd look at the the Henry AR-7.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

athebard
    The first link in my original post shows the replacement stock I'm considering. It's designed for use with an ACE folding stock.

Sorry, the original link was bad.

Az

Yes, that folding stock you linked to will work with the para stock, as will the other 3 or 4 folding stock options Ace offers.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    Yes it will work.

My guess is that by the time you buy the Para, Ace folding hardware and butt stock, you'll end up wishing you had purchased a Henry Survival for backpacking.

athebard
    Thanks guys. Ordered the para stock.

Yes, the AR 7 is a nice option and has some advantages. But it's $250 and I'd have to get the barrel threaded as a suppressor is a must for me.

I already own the FV SR and it's a great shooter, and amazingly quiet with subsonic ammo and the can. So $150 for the folder and $60 for the para stock is still less than $250 for the AR 7 + $80 for the barrel threading. And while the AR 7 is lighter, it's really too light. If you're not shooting with a rest, every little movement transfers to a lot of movement at the muzzle. The FV SR suffers from this as well, but not as bad.

But yeah, I could go either way. This way just sounded more appealing to me.

Thanks again!

athebard
    Here's a pic after sanding down to 400 grit, and a couple coats of linseed oil and a borrowed Butler Creek folder attached. The Ace stock is on the way, but I wanted to see how it looked with the Butler Creek folder. It interferes with the bolt, but that's not a big deal as I never plan on using this without the stock unfolded anyway. The Ace stock folds either direction, so there's no interference with the bolt if it's folded to the left.

Thanks for the help everyone. So far this thing shoots much better than with the Troy Landry stock it came with.