Thread: Savage Mark II FV-SR Accessories - Help!!

Hoyle

Savage Mark II FV-SR Accessories - Help!!

Picked up my new Mark II today, went outside and shot about 50 rounds through it, very smooth and accurate!

What I didn't like was the spare scope mount I had on it, and only having one 5-round magazine.

Any suggestions for scope rings?

Should I get more 5-round mags or upgrade and get 10's?

What about a bipod?
    Last edited by Hoyle; 04-13-2016 at 11:24 PM.

I love my DMZ rings and have them on both my Mark II and 10/22. Get the appropriate height for the scope you're mounting. I also like the 5 round mags better as they fit flush on the rifle and only having 5 rounds to work with makes me focus more on shot placement. Very helpful when I switch over to more expensive calibers...

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    I too like the 5 rounders but always keep at 10 around. They are good if you want to rain a little more lead on a prarie dog town or on a piece of steel. As for rings I run UTG qd one piece and it has been nothing but solid. I have run return to zero tests and it comes back perfect every time. People may scoff at UTG but technology these days, it isnt hard to make something round, strong and straight out of metal. I (originally only bough them because I have 1 scope that is 1" tube), going to be replaced with their 2 piece qd mounts in 30mm when I get my Primary Arms.
    Yes get a bipod, they are awesome and mine lives on the gun. Its all a preference thing and how you plan to shoot/utilize the rifle.

Some other super solid rings I have are Weaver tactical 6 screw rings. Those rings I would have no worries going to freaking war with.

Hoyle
    What ring size/height would I want for a Nikon ProStaff Rimfire scope? I bought the 4-12x40 BDC version.

Any suggestions for bipods?

Medium height rings definitely, but you could probably get away with low....
    Harris bipods are best for me, but Caldwell is serviceable if your budget is tight...

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    I use TPS "SL" SuperLow rings with a 42mm objective scope on my FV-SR. Plenty of room even with a EGW custom cut 40MOA base. See the daylight.

Get a Harris. I use a 6-9 SBRM (swivel) with an Alpha Bravo lever.

Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 04-18-2016 at 09:28 PM.