Thread: Magnetospeed

Basic Member

Magnetospeed

My friend got me a magnetospeed v3 for my birthday last month. This a great chronograph; it is easy to setup, transfer data, and seems to be very accurate. I don't have another chrono to test against this one. I have shot in overcast and sun beaming down on the chrono, and still records shots like a boss lol.

It has confirmed my loads to be about spot on what the book says they're supposed to be. My load for 260 was 45.2g of H4831sc and the velocity was 2700fps with a Berger 140g hybrid. I grabbed the load off the can of 4831sc. My 7mm rem mag was about where it was supposed to be as well, as compared to what the book said the velocity was going to be. That load was 63g of reloader 22 pushing the Berger Hybrid 180g achieving a velocity of 2830fps. I could probably hotrod these cartridges even hotter, but these loads produce nice tiny groups.

My 308 needed adjusting. The load was 41.5gr of Acurate 4064 pushing a 168g TMK at 2400FPS. I adjusted the load to 43g if IMR 4895 to achieve 2750fps. If you're reloading, I highly recommend this chrono.
    They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Basic Member
    I need friends like yours.... I love the magentospeed V3. I borrow my buddies all the time and it's an invaluable tool if you need drop data and are unable to get real drop data due to not having the distance to shoot. It's actually the only chrono I'll recommend to anyone other than the sporter version if your budget is a bit tighter.

LongRange
    i have the sporter and really like it...i didnt need all the bells and whistles.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LongRange View Post
    i have the sporter and really like it...i didnt need all the bells and whistles.
    You will if you get the can you spoke of lol.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LongRange View Post
    By the way my Birthday is in October......

LongRange
    mine is next month...and im hoping for an A5!?!

Basic Member
    I win. My birthday is the 18th! ANd I have a girlfriend chomping at the bit for a birthday present suggestion...

Tell me what Ive won, Bob!
    Some people want to make a difference in the world. I'm just here to howl at the moon.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Front Royalty View Post
    I win. My birthday is the 18th! ANd I have a girlfriend chomping at the bit for a birthday present suggestion...

Tell me what Ive won, Bob!
    Ugh, ugh, maybe the girlfriend? lol

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yobuck View Post
    Ugh, ugh, maybe the girlfriend? lol
    Yes. That's what I meant to say...
    Some people want to make a difference in the world. I'm just here to howl at the moon.