Thread: Just picked up a new Model 12

Corey Schwanz

Just picked up a new Model 12

With the Indiana deer hunting regs changing for this fall, I figured it was time to change up the game a little bit. Went to Cabela's this weekend and picked up a Model 12, .308. Still need to get a base to mount the Vortex scope then it'll be off to the range. May end up putting a Boyd's stock on it, but I want to at least shoot it as-is to see what it will do.

Basic Member
    It's a hard rifle to beat for the money.
    [I]"In the end, run what 'ya brung because it's better than nothing and don't give two ****s what some interwebs chat board guy says about your rig."[/I]

Noice....Congrats

Corey Schwanz
    Quote Originally Posted by WinnieTheBoom View Post
    It's a hard rifle to beat for the money.
    Yep, $419 isn't a bad price and the $100 rebate pushed me over the top.

Gralyn
    I agree, just picked one up in 22-250 and absolutely love this gun. Incredible quality for the price. I will eventually get a Boyd's frame for it.

Corey Schwanz
    Thinking I might as well. I'm going to at least shoot it as-is first to see what it'll do, but I went into it knowing I might be swapping stocks this summer. Just need to decide on a 0 or 20MOA base and get the scope mounted so I can start playing with it.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey Schwanz View Post
    Thinking I might as well. I'm going to at least shoot it as-is first to see what it'll do, but I went into it knowing I might be swapping stocks this summer. Just need to decide on a 0 or 20MOA base and get the scope mounted so I can start playing with it.
    I just found out about this but they're out of .223 at my Cabelas. **** my luck. I'm going to probably buy the 11 Trophy Predator Hunter unless I find a better deal before then.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Corey Schwanz
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInADime View Post
    I just found out about this but they're out of .223 at my Cabelas. **** my luck. I'm going to probably buy the 11 Trophy Predator Hunter unless I find a better deal before then.

Call them. Buddy and I actually put in a "special order" at the store nearest us and they called us when they came in. He was told the company has a lot of them, just not a bunch at each store at a given time. If you call, they may be able to get you one and put it in the back for you when the next batch comes in. Worth a shot

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey Schwanz View Post
    Call them. Buddy and I actually put in a "special order" at the store nearest us and they called us when they came in. He was told the company has a lot of them, just not a bunch at each store at a given time. If you call, they may be able to get you one and put it in the back for you when the next batch comes in. Worth a shot
    Thanks.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInADime View Post

Don't forget that some the trophy hunter xp's had a rebate last year from July-Dec. I would think they will do it again this year.