Thread: 300wsm F-class Rifle

DenisA

300wsm F-class Rifle

This is my new competition stock. It's locally made in Australia using marine hoop ply laminate and a Whidden V'block. This stock is LONG. The length of the stock is more apparent knowing that this is a 32" barrel.

Thought I'd share some photo's and a link down the bottom to a very short video illustrating how well this stock tracks when free recoiling my Savage actioned, McGowan barrelled, 300WSM. Despite the recoil, there's virtually no rifle torque or barrel flip. The stock is an absolute pleasure to shoot.

Last edited by DenisA; 04-07-2016 at 02:25 AM.

Basic Member
    There you go, a great looking and great performing stock.
    The look of the laminates would resemble the maple/walnut laminated stocks very popular
    here in the 50s and 60s but to a lesser degree today. Now most are stained before the lamination
    process in a whole bunch of pretty colors. The stock on my biggest gun would resemble your stock
    being that it is maple/walnut, but it has a left/right thumbhole and cheekrests and stained cherry trim on the
    forend and grip cap.

Basic Member
    Thats really cool. freaking artillery piece. Love to see guns with a personal custom touch. Im starting to think I may need this caliber sometime soon. How would you compare it to a 300 win mag?

Basic Member
    Great looking rifle, looks like you know how to run it!

DenisA
    Thanks Guys. I haven't owned a 300WM so I couldn't tell you. Though I know the 300WSM is very efficient and can run 230gn pills fast. So for me there's no real reason to use a bigger powder chamber.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DenisA View Post
    Thanks Guys. I haven't owned a 300WM so I couldn't tell you. Though I know the 300WSM is very efficient and can run 230gn pills fast. So for me there's no real reason to use a bigger powder chamber.
    It seems to me the short mags make a little more sense other than maybe barrel life and factory ammo availability. THough I usually see a box or two of 300 wsm around here. 7mm not so much but the Rem mags are everywhere.

That is one awesome rig and set up you have got there! I hope you kick some but with it!
    There really is an excuse for everything!

GrumpyGuns
    Nicely done! Never seen anyone free recoil a 300 anything before man does that gun move.

Yes,, watch your eye! The scope was pretty darn close.

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk
    There really is an excuse for everything!

DenisA
    Yes it does travel a lot in it's free recoil. The eye piece stops just off my glasses. It is an unusual way to shoot a big cal. but the consistency and waterline groups are worth it.